Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Newborn Bronchiolitis

Gracey is offline Registered User
    AppleDai -- I just recognized your name from an old post about whether to have an early C-section or natural birth. What did you choose in the end.
    And, belatedly, congratulations! I know this is a tough time, but look on the bright side. You were worried whether your baby would be born OK or not, and it looks like baby was!
    Try to stay positive and not worry too much.

Gracey is offline Registered User
    By the way, the Mayo Clinic website says that Bronchiolitis is mostly caused by a viral infection. But don't take the Internet's word for it -- ask your doctor, and don't randomly medicate your infant with adult drugs!

charade is offline Registered User
    Appledai, sympathise with you... it is really so hard to see a newborn suffer and not be able to do much to help. When my baby was a few weeks old he had acid reflux (not as serious as this but i know the feeling) and I saw about 5 doctors. I know the panic when you feel no doctor is giving answers that help solve your baby's problem. But finally I realised my first doctor was right... my baby grew out of it and time was a healer.

You have seen 3 doctors and they all seem to have given you similar answers. So why not trust them and wait a week? I'm sure they checked your baby thoroughly and also have experience of babies with similar problems and how it progresses. If you feel your baby is getting worse, pick the one you trust the most and take her back for a check-up.

The main thing is for you to try and get through this difficult time yourself without going crazy with stress. Just take it a day at a time...otherwise you will fall sick too and that won't be good. Also I think babies can sense anxiety and that makes them more cranky.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123