Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Newborn fees for birthing??

hkexpat2010 is offline Registered User

Newborn fees for birthing??

Does anyone know what the fee breakdown is when a baby is born between the mother's delivery fees and the newborn's fees?

I'm trying to figure out if my insurance will cover the newborn costs, but they, and I am, unclear on what the newborn charges typically are (and how much). I heard there will be pediatrician charges and vaccinations, but not sure what else.

If anybody has given birth at Matilda or another private hospital and can give me an idea of the type and amount of charges, would appreciate it!

Junebugwhite is offline Registered User
    Hi, just checked my bill and the baby's charges were $17,354 HK. Labwork was 3,144, ward proceedures was 1,403 and the pediatrician was 12,500. I was in for 5 days due to emergency c section, so assuming it would be less if you are only in for 3 days. This was at Matilda
    Last edited by Junebugwhite; 08-11-2011 at 09:58 AM.

catan is offline Registered User
    I gave birth in Matilda and stayed 3 days.. my baby's charges were just under HKD 8000, including lab work, ward procedures, and pediatrician fees.

evgreen is offline Registered User
    Catan, did you use one of Matilda's pediatricians or one of your own choosing? I am going to give birth at Matilda.

banane76 is offline Registered User
    At Queen Mary, a public hospital, the fees for newborn is 50 dollars a day unless there are complications. My total bill was 250!

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    when i gave birth at matilda the baby's fee was around $10,000, at HK Sanatorium it was around $9,800 and adventist $6,500. the difference is dependent on the day you have the baby (weekends are more expensive) and the rates of individual doctors. baby's fee at matilda was most expensive because pedi had to do more things (not just check the baby at birth and give apgar score) - pedi at adventist is least well known (comparatively).

P.S. did not choose the doctor at matilda or HK Sanatorium - he was the one on call at the time. my OBGYN choose the one at adventist

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Should your child need phototherapy for jaundice, there will be additional cost as well. Cost us hkd23k+ for a 2 day stay at Matilda last month.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    if you go public it's $50 / day....but of course there's the 2 hour wait before you get admitted...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast