Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

AIA CEO Medical Plan

evgreen is offline Registered User

AIA CEO Medical Plan

My husband's company currently offers us AXA Group Medical benefits which includes dental, hospitalization, outpatient, etc. I haven't had the need to use it much other than for maternity and they only cover up to HKD7,000 of any maternity related costs. We have decided to go private all the way for our first baby, and needless to say, I'm not very happy about the coverage they provide since we will be spending in excess of HKD 80,000 for doctor and hospital fees.

We have an option to upgrade to the AIA CEO Medical Plan which covers health insurance WORLDWIDE and not just in HK or China Region for an extra $500 per month. I can't seem to find more information on the AIA website in terms of coverage benefits. Does anyone have experience with using this medical plan at all? Would you recommend it or would you recommend buying our own medical insurance plan to supplement the one my husband's company provides?

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User
    I think you have to contact them directly and ask for a breakdown of benefits and also waiting periods, many insurers have a waiting period for maternity (and some other conditions) where you have to have been paying for x number of months before you can claim for that condition. If you're expecting already then that will be a large barrier with finding a suitable medical plan outside your company one - one of the shortest waiting times is DKV and I believe (from memory) that it is 8 months.

To be honest I can't imagine you get an amazing amount of coverage for 500 if that's HKD? You can expect to pay a few thousand US dollars per year for some of the top health plans that cover 100% of maternity but maybe it's a deal through your husband's company so maybe you do.

evgreen is offline Registered User
    Hi Jvn...we're not expecting it to cover my current pregnancy. Our goal is to provide more complete coverage for the family since we will be adding our first child to the policy in the coming months. The deal is provided thru the company and it is an extra HK$500 per month to upgrade our plan to AIA. My husband is making an inquiry of the benefits thru his HR department, but just wanted to know if anyone has had experience with this plan in particular.