Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Toddler friendly location for service apartment with access to Matilda

michelle1978 is offline Registered User

Toddler friendly location for service apartment with access to Matilda

Hi all!
    Going to thankyou in advance for any advice!!

I am planning to give birth to our second baby in March 2012 either at the Matilda or canossa (depending on whether we get into the matilda).

We need to find a service apartment for a couple of months for before and and after the birth.

By that time, our toddler will be 2 and 8 months. She is active and needs to be out and about most of the time, other than her afternoon nap time...

We don't know HK at all and was wondering if anyone can give us any advice on any service apartments that maybe suitable for our situation?

My husband will also be travelling to HK every weekend from china. the train arrives at hung hum
    ...so an added bonus would be that it is not toooo far away from hung hom...

much much appreciated any advice!!! we are abit lost and don't really know where to begin..
    michelle

lesliefu is offline Registered User

being close to Matilda would be you are far away from Hung Hom as that is on the Kowloon side...the closest service apartment I can think of is Macdonald #2 which is 20-30mins from Matilda depending on the traffic. there's a YWCA opposite it so there might be some activities your daughter can join - otherwise you could take a 5mins taxi ride to HK park and there is a lot to do there. also, it is near central so the ride back from Hung Hom shouldn't be too long - if he takes the bus from Hung Hom to central and then a minibus up - he should be back within an hour (45mins depending on the time of day). hope this helps! :)

elle is offline Registered User

I would try Parkview serviced apartments. Great facilities for a toddler. About 20-25 minute cab ride to Matilda. A ways away from Hung Hom, but not a worse commute than most other serviced apartments on the HK island side.

BTW, what is your budget?

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

If I were you, I think that being close to Hung Hom is probably more important than being close to Matilda. You'll be at the hospital either 3-5 days most likely, but will need to be in Hong Kong for at least a month or two if you add up being there before the baby comes and then waiting for a passport so you can go back to China. I would just go close to Hung Hom for the convenience for your husband. Many people commute for an hour or more in labour if they are in the US or other countries and as labour generally takes many more hours than that, it's no big deal most of the time.

That said, I don't know Hung Hom at all... but I do know it will be cheaper than anywhere on Hong Kong side!!

thankyou so much for all your replies.
    I think the suggestion about being close to hung hum is a good one...thankyou!
    in terms of budget, we are leaving that open for now. just want to find the best possible location.
    thankyou all again for your input!

Obiwan is offline Registered User

There is a service apartment in pacific place (admiralty) managed by Conrad hotel, in terms of space/layout it's probably the best vis a vis the rest, it is also within walking distance to Hk park and reasonably close to Matilda .... Unfortunately far from hung hum ....

2010-NewDad is offline Registered User

Bear in mind "far" here is generally referring to a 20 minute taxi ride. Not the end of the world.. Hong hum to Matilda is going to be a lot less than an hour in even the worst traffic.
    Posted via Mobile Device

I will check out pacific place, thank you! Someone else mentioned the same place.
    thanks again everyone!