Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

webcam

augustmom is offline Registered User

webcam

Hi,

I will be going back to work this September and want to set up a web cam at home so I can see my little ones whenever I want. Can anyone suggest a webcam we can see on iphone or someone that can come up and set up for you?

Thanks!!

sharrie_t is offline Registered User

Try PCCW. They have this service. You've to contact them for more info.

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

I would get a panasonic one and set it up yourself. I've had both PCCW and panasonic and panasonic is much more cost effective as there is no monthly fee but panasonic is a pain to set up!

RileyC is offline Registered User

I saw Panasonic webcams on the 10/F of Sogo in Causeway Bay

augustmom is offline Registered User

thanks everyone!

I bought the panasonic one but am unable to see it on my mac nor iphone. Only from my PC, I need it on my iphone since I am on business trip a lot. Do you have the same problem?

Obiwan is offline Registered User

We use Panasonic with Mac as well. The set up is a little more complicated than pc but can be done. We can access the page from conputer, iPhone etc ...

penguinsix is offline Registered User

We have a couple of spare Mac Mini's set up in our house, each with a Logitech 1080p webcam that produces a nice 16x9 widescreen picture.

For the actual software, we created special Skype accounts for both machines and configured it a) to answer only people on our contact list for that account and b) to start video automatically when answered. This way we (and our family back home who are on the contact list) can login simply via Skype and get a look at the kids. With a speaker and microphone we can also talk to them and hear their replies. We've used Skype for the iPhone from many places to pop in and watch the kids. We also set Skype to make a very loud "alert" so that we know when someone is watching. Skype is set to boot up every time the machine restarts.

Works great for us. I bought my mother-in-law an iPad (a computer is too much for her) and she probably watches for an hour or two each day. It has greatly improved her mood and she now talks to us about specifics in the kids life, like "who is the boy in the red shirt who was playing with him today" and "make sure he eats all his vegetables". She feels much more a part of our day-to-day life, even though she is back in the USA.

xxJJxxx is offline Registered User

Hi I need to install one effective webcam immediately before I go on trip tomorrow. Which brand will it be the best for wide screen and resolution? Logitect or panasonic now? I need to access from my iPhone at all times when I'm away. Anyone cab recommend someone to come over to my house for installation? I want immediate help on this. Thanks for grat
    Posted via Mobile Device

Scroll to top