Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for a nurse to give me progesterone shots

jgny is offline Registered User

Looking for a nurse to give me progesterone shots

There's a possibility I need to be on progesterone shots for the next few weeks post IVF. Since I also need to be on bed rest, I prefer to have a nurse come to me to give me the shot every day. Well, actually I'd prefer for my husband to give me the shot like he did in the US but my doctor says that this is not allowed in HK (is this true?)

So, the private nursing services I called charged a minimum of $495 (yikes!) per visit.

Does anyone know of a nurse in HK who is willing to provide this service (I'm in mid Levels)? And what a more reasonable rate would be?

catan is offline Registered User
    Hi Jgny,

If you let me know the hours and days of service you would require from the nurse, I can pass the details to a private nurse who has been a home visit nurse for my mother and grandfather. She's a private nurse under an agency but we do call her for jobs occasionally without going thru an agent.

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    Just a question, are these shots to be made in a vein or just in the skin (belly for example) ?
    I had, for my 2 kids, to make shots in the belly every days for the first 3 months and did it myself, and it would have been my husband, no one would have known !

howardcoombs is offline Registered User
    If I were in your situation, I'd get hubby to do it and keep quiet about it.
    The law can be stupid at times and I have no issues fracturing a few rules now and then.

Thanks. Catan - will pm you. Its just once a day at the same time. Frenchy - intramuscular shots in the tush, they are afraid someone could hit the sciatic nerve. Howardcoombs - Unfortunately husband is not an option due to his work schedule. In the US, it was no problem to do the shots yourself, they just drew the target areas in Sharpies.

Thanks all, I did find someone that was willing to come and do it for significantly less than the nurse service.

By the way, I did not think the nurse service fee was so bad, it's just that they have a one hour minimum, hence the $495. It's just in relation to a shot which take a few seconds, it seemed high.

Erib32 is offline Registered User
    Hello, I am currently taking progesterone shots every day and my husband does them. My doctor requested that my husband come to the first one at the office so he could be "trained" on how to do it.. So I don't think it is illegal in HK if you want to save some money and have your hubby do it. They told me to do mine in my "upper buttock" area where there is muscle, less fat and less blood vessels. Hope that helps!

Gracey is offline Registered User
    It is not illegal for either you or your husband to give shots at home.
    My former doctor insisted that I have them done at his office -- not even by his nurses, but by him. This got very pricey. So he sold me a big box of expensive injections and wrote me a prescription to have some other clinic do it -- but this method was a failure, too. (No clinic in its right mind was going to inject me with drugs I'd just carried in my purse off the street).
    Finally I sought a second opinion, and my other doctor said the drugs were totally unnecessary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast