Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Where to buy a kitten?

erina320 is offline Registered User

Where to buy a kitten?

We're thinking of getting a kitten for Christmas and was wondering where to find a reputable breeder?

We're interested in a British shorthair.

Thanks for any info.

elle is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by erina320 View Post
    We're thinking of getting a kitten for Christmas and was wondering where to find a reputable breeder?

We're interested in a British shorthair.

Thanks for any info.
    If you want a "reputable" breeder I would start with small and ethical breeding operations in your home country (or Australia as the import requirements for young animals ( under 4-6) months are easier) and find one that will ship to HK. I've been here years and have come across the most cruel and inhumane breeding facilities and breeders that one can imagine and unfortunately no exceptions of clean and well kept facilities. Most pet shop kittens here are removed from their mother way too young, bred over the border in China, often ill, not properly vaccinated and have dubious 'pedigrees'.

Not trying to be unhelpful, but I know so many people who have purchased unhealthy animals (and in the case of dogs, pedigrees that it soon became obvious absolutely were not) here from breeders and shops here so you may have an uphill battle.

solidstars is offline Registered User
    Try SPCA for adoption.

erina320 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by elle View Post
    I've been here years and have come across the most cruel and inhumane breeding facilities and breeders that one can imagine and unfortunately no exceptions of clean and well kept facilities. Most pet shop kittens here are removed from their mother way too young, bred over the border in China, often ill, not properly vaccinated and have dubious 'pedigrees'.
    I was afraid of that... Hmmm.

evgreen is offline Registered User
    There must be reputable breeders in HK...I wonder if there is a cat fancier association in HK with a directory of breeders? I would start by contacting the cat lover's society in HK.

http://www.hkcls.com/

I was lucky enough to find a standard poodle breeder in HK where I could visit the kennel and meet the bitch/sire. Its always a good idea to do thorough research and obtain proper pedigree paperwork. Good luck!

rani is offline Administrator
    Hv you checked with hkalleycats? They may hv one to adopt

http://hkalleycatwatch.com/cgi-bin/gallery/index.cgi
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

howardcoombs is offline Registered User
    Please dont buy. You have a choice of hundreds, whether you choose SPCA or other cat organisations.
    rebekah likes this.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go to the SPCA or other agencies to adopt! They will be healthy for sure!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Scroll to top