Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Cars 2 movie

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

Cars 2 movie

Hi

Has anyone been? I think you can only go in 3D in HK and wondering what the movie looks like if your preschooler refuses to wear the glasses?!. Also he gets a bit motion sick and have heard that 3D films can make you feel seasick which would not be ideal ...

Any reviews on the movie or on experiences with 3D for kids around 3.5 year old would be welcome.

Thanks

rani is offline Administrator
    Founded GeoBaby in 2002

Thanks Rani. I was on the Cityline site for Tung Chung. Where does it say it is 2D? I can only see Cars 2 3D advertised.

rani is offline Administrator

Oops sorry Tung Chung is 3D.

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

kiwiinoz is offline Registered User

My son doesn't like wearing the 3D glasses, but loved the Cars 2 movie in 3D. He sat through the entire thing totally engrossed in the characters and storyline. He only had the glasses on for the first - perhaps 1/3, if that - of the film.
    Without the glasses the movie had a slight blur around the edges but the characters and expressions were still distinguishable. It is certainly nothing like the 3D movies of old where you could hardly make out features without the glasses on.
    Had a quick look through the paper just now and the 2D version doesn't seem to be running anymore. :/

From memory I don't think any of the scenes in the movie would cause motion sickness. There are no violent spinning or rolling camera angles like in Transformers, Green Lantern, etc. It is really just lots of cars racing and chasing and a couple of flying scenes.

If your son loves Lightning Mcqueen or Mater (especially Mater) he will love this movie. A lot of the Radiator Springs cast only have minor roles in the film. If your son loves racing cars he will love the movie. If he likes boats and planes, all the better. ;)
    As an adult I don't think the movie is as good as the original, but my 4 year old son thinks it is the best movie ever and we've had to go twice. He really loves the new characters - especially Finn and Francesco.
    Hope your son enjoys it too.

Thanks all (especially kiwiinoz). I bit the bullet and took him before I saw your response and he did seem to enjoy it and no illness hurrah! Was full on visual and noise fest though but he didn't seem bothered or scared. And he kept the glasses on about 80% of the time. All in all a success (especially the popcorn!).