Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Eczema / dry skin home solutions?

inkmink is offline Registered User

We get our Infant's Blend Probiotic - Udo's Choice from 360.

Gataloca - another option is to add Probiotic to their water.

carey is offline Registered User

This is again great info. Will try all the suggestion which we haven't done.

I have been quite ingnorant of eczema unitl about two days ago. I wish I was more aware of it and perhaps would have helped him to prevent it from spreading. My first didn't have anything like it.

We have only try a few things which include Chinese heral remedies and stroid cream. We first gave him Chinese herbal bath which work for a while and needless to say, stroid cream is very effective.

I am a clean freak, so I already have air purifier and humidifier running in his room even before I knew he has this skin condition. I have been on quite a restrict diet. My mum, who shops food for us in the wetmarket, will not buy any seafood, beef for me to eat. Am cutting out other things like eggs, wheat, peanuts, just in case. Will have him tested when he is older for this food allergy.

I have a few question here for your ladies:

1. Inkmink, Could you please tell me how and where I can get your magical potion, the Chinese herbal water? Would like to let him try it when he is older.

2. Paedic gave physiogel AI cream, can I get this from Watson? The small tube runs out very quickly.

3. Heard that dustmite could be a trigger. Have you tried a device that kills dustmite with UV ray? It's available in fortress for about $2000hk. Have been thinking getting it and giving it a try.

Thanks.

Gataloca is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by carey View Post
    Am cutting out other things like eggs, wheat, peanuts, just in case.
    Try cutting out the cow milk as well.....

.. Then you will realized that you will not be able to eat bread, cake, cookie, ice cream, pasta, pizza.......

Quote Originally Posted by carey View Post
    3. Heard that dustmite could be a trigger. Have you tried a device that kills dustmite with UV ray? It's available in fortress for about $2000hk. Have been thinking getting it and giving it a try.
    Oh, we thought about that (dustmite), as we also have a cat. But we went to Dr. Adrian Wu, and he said that it is unlikely for a baby this young to have allergy to that. He said that usually dustmite allergy develop at around 2 year old.

trttrt is offline Registered User

Thanks for the link, Gataloca. Will def consider to bring her to allergy test. Carrots, i m surprised! Never thot of it as an allergen.
    Btw, I use the Delphine vacuum cleaner, it's a newer version of the rainbow cleaner to get rid of dustmites. It can clean the air at the same time too. U would be amazed and very disgusted at how much dust there is actually. I am quite a clean freak and I use the cleaner everyday, still it is murky looking and cloudy, I believe it's really doing it's job... It's not cheap though but my mom had her rainbow machine for 20 years and it's still working perfect. It helps to clear dustmites very well so we use it on the beds and sofa. Very effective. Not sure who sells it here though cos I bot it back home.
    For my bb, she eats childlife DHA n she loves it to bits. I think you can give it from 6 months on. I buy it from iherb.com n get it shipped with some of my vitamins. Only abt 4usd for shipping. The dha is abt usd9.95 which is cheap I think. If you are a first-timer, you can use my code LIM128 at checkout for a usd5 off, so effectively free shipping.
    For myself, when I was breastfeeding n now too, I take the nordic naturals prenatal dha. It's very high quality too. About usd24 for 90softgels at iherb. These are our staples.
    For Physiogel AI cream, it's sold for hkd248 for 2x50ml at watsons. Mannings sells it slightly slightly cheaper. Depending on which outlet u go to. Have bot it for 234 n 221 before. I use it tons cos my girl goes thru a tube every two days!!
    Oh, wanted to ask if anyone of u has tried diamond spa for the bb's bath. I saw it at the park n shop n was interested. It's sorta a water softener. My girls skin seems worse n much redder after baths, which is weird cos back home it will calm it down. Which is leading us to believe it's the water. Any other filters for baths worth considering?

Quote Originally Posted by trttrt View Post
    Thanks for the link, Gataloca. Will def consider to bring her to allergy test. Carrots, i m surprised! Never thot of it as an allergen.
    Oh sorry.. my mistake... wanted to write "corn" instead of "carrot", lol... yeah, baby got mild reaction to corn... carrot is fine.

Actually, my daughter has slight reaction to carrot when we introduce it...

carey - the chinese herbal drink, you can give after baby is 1 month old. I was told by lady that gave me the recipe that her son has complete clear smooth skin by 3 months old after taking it! You can get the "grass/herbs" from Chinese Herbal shop. Ask for 1 packet of "Pak Zhi Chou Yong". Then divide the pack into 2 portions. Add 2 strips of sugar pumpkin (Thong Tong Kua, also from Chinese herbal shop). Add 3 bowls of water (chinese rice bowl). Boil for 30mins. Let baby drink 4oz a day, 2 times a week if it is a bad flare up. Once the skin has cleared, we have to "maintain" it - we can then give once a week. This drink is very "cooling" (leong).

Suggest you try Eu Yan Sang's Hoi Nai Cha first if you haven't done so. It is not so strong/cooling. We tried for a few months but it didn't have any effect on my daughter's skin.

Physiogel - Try getting from local Chinese pharmacy. It is cheaper. Sorry, don't remember how much as I've now switched her to a different product. It's OK on my daughter's but we prefer the crocodile balm.

Dustmite - my daughter tested negative for dustmite but I feel she could react slightly to it. Once I used my dusty Ergo (was desperate but I put a muslin cloth on top) and when we came back after 2 hours, my daughter had a bad breakout on the face!! It is very hard to get rid of dustmite especially in HK. I feel most importantly is to have a good vacuum cleaner that collect dust and not disperse it when using.

While on my quest to look for a "miracle" in the early days, I stumbled upon this website which I felt gave a lot of tips and guidance.

http://www.solveeczema.org/thesolution.html

Just want to add, I also take Evening Primrose Oil and Flaxseed Oil. Only started taking this recently.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast