Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Eczema / dry skin home solutions?

inkmink is offline Registered User

trttrt - I did read somewhere water does play a part on eczema sufferer. That was going to be my next step if my baby's skin was still bad - was thinking of Diamond filter for bath too. But, touch wood, after introducing the herbal drink, it has been pretty good.

Liquorice is offline Registered User

Carey, you can get Physiogel in Watson's and Mannings too I think. You can get bigger tubes. I bought 2x 75 ml tubes but I use it too.

Your air purifier, what brand is it? Does it work well? Is it different from an "ionizer"?

inkmink is offline Registered User

We have IQ Air which uses Hepa filters. I didn't see much difference to my daughter's skin. But, when you see your little bub suffering, you just go all out doing everything you can to comfort them.

carey is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Gataloca View Post
    Try cutting out the cow milk as well.....

.. Then you will realized that you will not be able to eat bread, cake, cookie, ice cream, pasta, pizza.......
    Will have to live like a Chinese monk for a while, except that I can still eat meat.

Inkmink, Is it possible that I have the Chinse herbal water recipe in Chinese language? I want to make no mistake about it. Thanks.

My 4 month old's skin also seems very red during/after a bath. I was thinking that's becuase he cries or fusses during the bath. His cry worsen the rash. But after he calms down, some of the rash would go down or away. Is this common with your little one's eczema?

What do you do with mild rash on the body that doesn't seem itchy? Do you just put cream on it? I am not totally against Steroid cream but am careful not overusing it.

I suspect the water and am thinking to have filter for bath water. You could get something like a shower head with buildin filters inslide. some brand calls it the "shower baby".

Your air purifier, what brand is it? Does it work well? Is it different from an "ionizer"?[/QUOTE]

Agree with inkmnik about the airfilters. We have two brands at home, one with "ionizer" funtion ( Allen), one without ( Philis). Cant really tell their difference.

One thing I try in the past two days that greatly improve My bb's dry patch on his legs is this bath.
    I learn it from the babycenter forum.

http://community.babycenter.com/post...pecialty_baths

"Vaseline in the Tub/ Vaseline Bath
    This is a trick I devised a couple of years ago that has worked magic for Jax. It traps water from the bath to the skin and allows it to soak in over time.
    After soaking for 10 mins (MINIMUM, preferably 15-20 ins, but I know not all LOs will tolerate a bath that long) in a water only bath, apply a heavy layer of vaseline to dc while in the tub. Let soak another few minutes, get out and towel dry as usual (patting dry, no hard rubbing). Child will be a little greasy. Dress for bed."

Gataloca is offline Registered User

If your baby skin turns red after bath, it might be the water temperature being too high. My baby skin used to be like that, but now we bath him in warm, almost cold, water. We also use emulsifying ointment instead of soap.

trttrt is offline Registered User

Ooh guess what? Yesterday night my hb and I took bottled water and warmed it up slightly. Did a final rinse with the water after her usual bath and her skin was not red at all! In fact was fair and calm looking. Guess we found out the cause! Will try out either a filter or diamond water and keep you guys posted!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast