Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Eczema / dry skin home solutions?

carey is offline Registered User

hi trttrt, is her eczema on her face or in her body that is shedding?

trttrt is offline Registered User

It's her body. It becomes smooth and then starts turning extremely dry and then it will start flaking and shedding off, revealing new skin... Then it will start another cycle. But the shedding is extremely itchy...

elle is offline Registered User

Have you tried colloidal oatmeal baths/ soaks when her skin is flaking and very itchy? Not a cure, but it did really help relieve much of the discomfort for my cousin's child whrn she had very dry peeling skin due to eczema.

Hi Elle, yes I did. Doesn't help and she seems to itch more after the soaks. Have no idea why. I have tried the aveeno oatmeal bath, dermaveen bath oil soak and oilatum. All with lousy luck. She itches alot after. Thanks anyway. Have heard v gd reviews on these actually..

carey is offline Registered User

Hi, trttrt, I know I've mentioned this group in this thread before. There is a support group on Baby Center and the group owners are mums like us. Perhaps you could find some suggestions there that you've not tried.

http://community.babycenter.com/post..._starter_guide

inkmink is offline Registered User

What about trying with QV bath oil? My daughter had more rash all over when we use Dermaveen. I noticed she also flares up when I eat oats! Maybe your child is allergic to oats??

Have you try emu oil? A paediatrician suggested that to me a while back but I never got to try it - hard to get in hk unless you are in Australia.

Hi Carey,thanks for the reminder on the link. I have been reading alot on support forums to find more alternatives. My hb is just skeptical these days and maybe losing faith. Plus our huge stash of creams n lotions are annoying him..Seems like nothing ever helps! I am just feeling down because I am due to deliver my 2nd bb soon. Fingers crossed that the bb will be clear! This has been most traumatic.
    Inkmink, sure will give qv bath oil a try. Have been thinking she might be allergic to oats too, thus the huge reaction. Yet she does have baths with aveeno bath fine and that contains oats too. Hmmm... Hv been considering emu oil too, thought of ordering from iherb.
    I am thinking of starting my child on the elomet step ladder which Penelope suggested but just am not sure where to do so since she has too many red patches!! It will take alot of steroids.. Stress!

Hey all, update: I tried elomet since last thursday. Miraculously it cleared up within two days! My bb's skin has never been smoother in her life. In fact it is soooo baby soft. Even areas where I didn't apply( the face) cleared totally! It seems so strange, I wonder if the steroids went into the blood stream through the skin?!
    Anyhow I thought it was all clear and reduced the dosage to 50% elomet n 50% aqueous. Most of the spots remain gone but her ankles, which is the most stubborn part of her entire body, started turning red and itchy again. Had no choice but to use the full strength elomet again. I noticed thinning of the skin around this area. The rest are nice and smooth.. Wondering if anyone can advise on how long more I shld apply on the ankles before giving it a break.. Worried about overdosage. Thanks!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast