Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Developmental Delays

Supermanx is offline Registered User

Hi..seems that ppls experience at their MCHC are quite thorough for developmental delays and as we'll be seeing them around the beg of Sept then will see what they have to say about my LO progress..

Yes assessments aren't cheap but I suppose thats a one off but the ongoing therapy whether its PT/OT or ST will be more of a ongoing burden but a sml price to pay if they help...

Fingers crossed

Supermanx is offline Registered User

It's been a while since my last post and my LO is now 2yrs old. She has developed physically and her speech is also progressing but I still think that she's behind here age equivalent peers. We had our assesmnt at the Child assessment centre and they confirmed delays so she now goes to physio every 2 wks nd wait listed for speech therapy but the scary thing the Dr noticed and said was she had her own agenda. It scares me think if this indicates towards Autism. Any suggestions on which centers are qualified to assess on this

lesliefu is offline Registered User

Try dr anna Ng we used her for our daughter who has a developmental delay and wanted to see exactly how serious it was, as doctors for the government insisted she attend special school, but we had doubts (as I am a teacher myself and I had seen more serious cases and still be able to attend regular school). Anyhow, she will do home visits which ate useful when doing the assessment as the child is in a familiar environment...(my daughter ever cooperated and did her own things when assessed at Matilda and the government clinic) so it came back that she didn't understand anything, whilst I knew she did...anyhow, I believe it makes a difference.

http://www.dyslexiacentre.hk/therapist.php?lang=en

I emailed her initially and you will find her very helpful. Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12