Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cuts that need stitching, where can I take him?

ajsalaverria is offline Registered User
    I will take him tomorrow early to HK then.

Your suggestion of a plastic surgeon is a good one, can any of you recommend one which I can take my baby to?

elle is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolejoy View Post
    When I was a kid in Australia and got a large cut above my eyebrow, my mum took me to my GP and he stitched it so well that I don't have a scar AT ALL... does anyone know if GPs here in HK would do stitching?? I don't need it but just was wondering... (I'm sure it's just a matter of time before my daughter needs stitches ;) )
    The urgent care (different from the A&E, more like a walk in GP clinic) GPs at Adventist do stitches. Most of them also have private practice hours where they will do them - know a bunch of friends kids who have been stitched up there with good results. Dr. Maria Wong did mine a day after a nasty dog bite and the scarring is minimal.

elle is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by ajsalaverria View Post
    I will take him tomorrow early to HK then.

Your suggestion of a plastic surgeon is a good one, can any of you recommend one which I can take my baby to?
    http://www.hkah.org.hk/new/eng/find_...php?Academy=42
    HK Adventist on the island has two resident plastic surgeons (see link above). May want to give the hospital a ring to see if either are available on short notice. Have always found the quality of care at Advrntist to be excellent, and generally it isn't too busy. Downside is that it is quite a ways from Shenzhen.

Biggie is offline Registered User
    St Paul hospital also has a plastic surgeon. Best call and ask several private hospital to see if the surgeons will be there. All doctors speak English. And all reception and nurses will speak some English at the private hospitals.
    Posted via Mobile Device

carang is offline Registered User
    ALL doctors in hk speak english. they must if they want to pass their exams (all in english).

mcdill is offline Registered User
    Dr Raymond Ng at Pedder Clinic, should also be able to do surgeries at short notice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Scroll to top