Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cuts that need stitching, where can I take him?

ajsalaverria is offline Registered User

Cuts that need stitching, where can I take him?

Hi, My 1yo fell on the stairs today and got some nasty cuts on his nose and eyelid.

We live in Shenzhen, so I took him to the hospital and they recommended stitches on the cut near the eye, however after seeing the horrible and unprofessional job they were doing to other people, I just let them clean the wounds and fled.

I plan to take him to HK tomorrow early, but I do not know where to go. could you please recommend a good hospital where they speak English and they have experience with kids.

Thank yo so much for your help,

Ana

carang is offline Registered User
    take him to any hospital with Accident and Emergency, but beware, because you don't have HKID, even the public hospitals will be expensive. the closest one to the border would be PRINCE OF WALES hospital in Shatin

Portia is offline Registered User
    You could try the Sanatorium http://www.hksh.org.hk/en/index.html or the HK Adventist http://www.hkah.org.hk/new/eng/index.htm. These are both good hospitals, although I don't particularly know of their experience with kids. When one of my friend's children had to get stitches on his face, they had it done by a plastic surgeon, not just any doctor. You may want to consider this if you are concerned about scarring. (It was expensive, but they had insurance.)

carang is offline Registered User
    they are also both on hk island. although, it would probably be a prettier outcome.

miran is offline Registered User
    woudl highly reccomend sanatorium. it is a bit expensive but good.

ajsalaverria is offline Registered User
    Thanks for your recommendations and comments. In fact we have a private health insurance, so I guess the price will be covered.

I know the ideal thing would be to get a plastic surgeon to do the stitching, but I guess it'll take time to find a good one. And the fact is I think we don't have so much time, as this has to be done really soon so the wound doesn't begin to get infected...

Do they speak English at the Sanatoriul and Prince of Wales?, went to the web site and mostly saw chinese doctors.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    When I was a kid in Australia and got a large cut above my eyebrow, my mum took me to my GP and he stitched it so well that I don't have a scar AT ALL... does anyone know if GPs here in HK would do stitching?? I don't need it but just was wondering... (I'm sure it's just a matter of time before my daughter needs stitches ;) )

babydoll is offline Registered User
    You can also consider another private hospital closer to Shatin, ie. Union Hospital in Tai Wai. Quite a few of their doctors are from PWH.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Scroll to top