Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

processing visa for terminated helper

sandy0741 is offline Registered User

processing visa for terminated helper

Is there anyone who knows how I can process the visa for a terminated helper? An agency that I contacted said she must go back to the Philippines and find go their training school before she could start work here and this will take 2 months before she can start work, but I can't wait till so long as there will be no one to look after my son after a month, so I was wondering if there are any other methods that the helper can start work immediately?

rani is offline Administrator

Do you know why the helper was terminated? There are a couple of exceptions, i.e., financial reasons, employer leaving HK, that she won't 't have to leave HK and can change employers fairly quickly.

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

The reason was her employer quitted to look after her son herself so will this help to employ her quickly and if yes how can it be done?

charade is offline Registered User

I employed a terminated helper. She did have to go back to the Philippines. However, she didn't have to do training - I think that's only for helpers who have never worked in HK (please cross check). She did have to do a medical; however, she did it in HK before she left.

I wrote a letter to immigration with her application requesting that they speed up the process because I was pregnant, unwell and my husband travels a lot and they came through very quickly... within a month. In fact, my helper barely got two weeks in the Philippines before her papers came through.

We processed it through an agency, though I had a friend who hired a terminated helper and processed everything herself (the helper did most of the legwork).

Charade,

Can you pls PM me the agency you selected for processing because the one I got now told me it would take more than a month. Thanks a lot!

satay sue is offline Registered User

Avoid Emrys. My helper was in the Philippines for 10 weeks! She worked for me in Singapore, and was here for a long time before Singapore - none of this made a difference.

peachylin is offline Registered User

I second satay sue's comment about emry's. Highly unreliable and will take you ages for simple paper work for a direct hire.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

charade is offline Registered User

It's strange. I used Emry's for my helper (terminated, we identified her, they processed the papers) and the whole thing came through very fast last year. I'm thinking of using them again for another direct hire...now wondering.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast