Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Beware of Playsport!

Mama are is offline Registered User

Sorry, I made a typo, the case no. should be 12003273. Pls. report the case to the Western Police Station asap, referring the same case no. so the Police will know this is not an individual case. Filing a complaint to the Consumer Council is also easy, click the link and fill in the form https://www2.consumer.org.hk/ccweb/c...laint?OpenForm. In the end, we may not be able to get our money back but at least we have tried our best to stop this guy from cheating more people.

kelly0304 is offline Registered User

Playsport

Hi I just spoke to the police added in Mama are's case no 12003273
    they said this case doesn't have crime element in it because the playsport has right to change venue
    the police officer I spoke to has suggested the only way we can make this case is to get all these schools and sports centre to confirm that the playsport never even rent the venue from them
    I've got the confirmation from Stanley Ho Centre already
    If anyone else can confirm me or call the police directly?
    it's western police station 28594200
    the lady officer's staff no is 11207 who spoke pretty good english and was helpful
    she said she'll work until midnight today

Mama are is offline Registered User

Hi Kelly, I actually spent 2hrs in the Western Police Station yesterday, trying to convince them it is an active fraud (i.e. Playsport is still advertising on the website for the Easter Camp!). But the Police gave me many excuses this is not a fraud and they can't do anything. As I did fraud investigation in a bank before, my instinct told me I can't give up so easily and it is definitely a fraud! As it has been confirmed that Stanley Ho has kicked out Playsport since May 2011, I pushed the police to call all the other sport centers on Playsport's website to confirm the issue is serious and affecting many people. Despite what I said, they only willing to call WIS and Clearwater Bay School. In the end, they found out WIS had no longer rent the venue to Playsport for a couple of months but it is still having classes in Clearwater Bay School. The police said as long as Playsport is still offering classes in one of the sport centers, we cannot said this is a fraud. Also, the application form has a clause saying Playsport has the right to change venue etc etc. I am not convinced!!! All these things told by the Police are excuses of not doing anything. I hope when the Police know there are many victims, they will do something. Pls. try different sources to fight for justice. That guy might have sought legal advice and know all the loophole very well before running this scam. This is not an easy case to deal with!!!

ckchan009 is offline Registered User

Hi All,
    I have also rang the Australian International School. And the person in charge rang me. Basically, playsports did not get the hire agreement on the Saturday with AIS, the only day AIS give Playsport was Sunday 9:00, the owner knew this since last years September, but yet he is still advertising and sold me the class on Saturday. The lady from AIS said that he knew before. Also he has not paid them any money for the Sunday slot, and of course, has not been turning up.
    In relation to Mama's post, if he is still having classes in Clearwater Bay School, can we not go to the class and find them there? Anyone?!?

I think we should all go to the Western Police Station as a group with all the evidences, trying to get confirmation from each school, maybe then the police will listen to us and do something.

Hiya Mama and Kelly,
    Ok, I have just rang the police and tell them the case file no. You are right, they don't want to do much, saying very little fraud at the moment. And they told me that I should come and talk to them, or go to my nearest police station. Well, I think that we need to organise a group (as many mummies as possible) and turn up at the station until they do something.
    If they are unwilling, I think we should look for media attention somewhere. This is ridiculous!
    Now I am really annoyed!

kelly0304 is offline Registered User

I've Pm ed another user who posted a message saying clearwater bay school didn't have any class as well
    hopefully she gets back to me soon enough so we can gather more information and support
    so angry how much time I'm wasting on this.... after willingly funding some con guys pocket.
    but one thing for sure, this has to be stopped.

Yes, Kelly. Let's get all the evidences together and then we can go to the police in a group.
    If the police refuses to do anything, we will try the media action.

Kycs is offline Registered User

I enrolled two kids for lessons at Bradbury School. The school confirmed to me yesterday that Play Sport didn't rent their premises for any classes. That's another venue for you, kelly.

The guy sent out two weeks of cancellation notice to all people who has paid up for this term, clearly to buy time so he can have time to move out of his office in central to avoid refund demands. We won't be able to get our money back, I think, but we must do something to stop him from conning more people! With his current scheme, his website is just going to bring money into him continually without him lifting a finger! This is extreme injustice!

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast