Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Beware of Playsport!

carang is offline Registered User
    what about the ICAC, if the police are not willing to go further? don't they deal with fraud cases?

kelly0304 is offline Registered User
    playsport just shut down their website
    he's definitely upto something

I just spoke to the senior officer Mr Chan in Western police station told them how serious this situation is
    he said he'll handle it accordingly but I need to gather all the victims together down to the station at least 5-10 parents the more the better
    I've got one other friend had a same issue and I'm sure Mama will join
    so it's 3 of us already
    can any other victim wants to join?

Kycs is offline Registered User
    Kelly0304, I'm willing to go with you. When r u planning to go to the police station? The quicker the better

i'm happy to go anytime
    but we need more people joining us

miran is offline Registered User
    all the best ! i cant anything to the cause except to say that hope you all put up a strong case. this really is fraud.

abby_00 is offline Registered User
    i experienced the same when going to tsuen wan police station. they just found every excuse to tell me there is no evidence showing fraud. only after i kept pushing they were reluctant to open a file and log the case. same as you, i wont give up so easily and at least we can start a police case number and getting more ppl to do the same!

Quote Originally Posted by Mama are View Post
    Hi Kelly, I actually spent 2hrs in the Western Police Station yesterday, trying to convince them it is an active fraud (i.e. Playsport is still advertising on the website for the Easter Camp!). But the Police gave me many excuses this is not a fraud and they can't do anything. As I did fraud investigation in a bank before, my instinct told me I can't give up so easily and it is definitely a fraud! As it has been confirmed that Stanley Ho has kicked out Playsport since May 2011, I pushed the police to call all the other sport centers on Playsport's website to confirm the issue is serious and affecting many people. Despite what I said, they only willing to call WIS and Clearwater Bay School. In the end, they found out WIS had no longer rent the venue to Playsport for a couple of months but it is still having classes in Clearwater Bay School. The police said as long as Playsport is still offering classes in one of the sport centers, we cannot said this is a fraud. Also, the application form has a clause saying Playsport has the right to change venue etc etc. I am not convinced!!! All these things told by the Police are excuses of not doing anything. I hope when the Police know there are many victims, they will do something. Pls. try different sources to fight for justice. That guy might have sought legal advice and know all the loophole very well before running this scam. This is not an easy case to deal with!!!

abby_00 is offline Registered User
    he's reading this thread... if he goes back to thailand then we are not able to catch him anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by kelly0304 View Post
    playsport just shut down their website
    he's definitely upto something

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast