Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Beware of Playsport!

luciamay is offline Registered User
    Hi all, I have another 6 or 7 ppl with me right now. But I've spoke to a high ranking police friend, we don't really need to go together to a police station to do this , we can just do it online (altogether within a few days). *Also, I think the reason they've shut down the website is because two days ago I've spoke with ********'s chief editor, she also helped me contact Toysrus, as I think seeing their logo also gave us an illusion that Playsport seems to be a *trustable website, so ******** really wants to get their logo off their site, guess they've probably did something!

Anyways I will ask everyone to go online to make this complaint within this week, what the police said was right, we need to proof of his intentional dishonest act, that is, if he didn't rent the place but his website was opened for registration, then this is a good proof. So when u do so, PLS ALSO FIND OUT WHETHER THEY'VE BOOKED THE VENUE FOR THE CLASSES YOU'VE REGISTERED (changing venue or not opening the class or not turning up at his class are not proofs, it can be because of his management problem or financial problem......... I know, it sounds really unfair to the consumers actually ....sigh.). U may even wanna include this forum as well as news from next magazine etc.. We can also include the other's case no.. So if you have already made a complaint at the police station, if possible you may consider filing the complaint once again. Look forward to hearing everyone again.

Last but not least, I've also contacted a popular chinese program called 娛樂大搜查 to make a program on this., but they will need a few people to appear on TV, I was wondering if anyone will be willing to do this?!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    abby_00 and miran like this.

abby_00 is offline Registered User
    thank you luciamay!

Newbie_hk is offline Registered User
    I've been reading this threat with much interest as I do hope this shoddy business is shut down & you all get justice. However, I do agree with Abby that the operator might have read this thread & he could be one step ahead of you. Don't let this happen.

I suggest that you take your next steps offline, meet as a group but be wary as you might get a snitch. Good luck and I wish you all the best.

Thanks everyone for supporting this!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

kelly0304 is offline Registered User
    It doesn't matter if he reads it or not
    In fact, I hope he's reading this
    so he will come to realize he can't just keep on ripping people off like this and the victims not going to just sit here and take injustice
    shutting down the website isn't bad thing at least it won't creat more innocent victims
    also it stops free flowing cash into his account now
    and I've already got printscreens from while it was still running
    also he was never going to pay our money back anyway. nothing changes

audlin is offline Registered User
    Hi everyone!
    I would just like to confirm that CWBS was never booked for the advertised tennis classes, however, football classes are apparently still going ahead, or at least the facilities were booked. CWBS has also asked me to update them on the situation as it develops.
    Also, FYI, I contacted the web developer of the site who apparently has not met the Playsport owner for several years and his only contact for website updates is via email.
    I have also contacted all the sponsors listed on the website but the only o e to get back to me so far is 'Toys R Us' who have said that they have had no affiliation gor quite dome time. Interesting his they are still on the site. I wouldn't be surprised if there are others the same.
    Also, has anyone else been PM'ed by a local journalist looking for first hand accounts of our dealings with Playsport?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Great!! I've contacted ******** already, but they couldn't find the guy!! Looking forward to hear from u.
    Posted via Mobile Device

brooke_13 is offline Registered User
    Hi luciamay, have experienced exactly the same problem with a class I booked for Bradbury School on Sat mornings for this term. I am furious. I came across this thread while searching the net to see what action I could take. I want this guy taken down.
    The caretaker at Bradbury confirmed last Saturday that the venue was NOT booked for Playsport and my calls/emails are going unanswered.

Quote Originally Posted by luciamay View Post
    I've joined the mini sports class for feb 2012, Play sports have delayed the classes twice, i was informed only two hours before the class begins. Today I didn't get his msg, and i thought the class will resume, but of course he didnt show up, and i realized it was a scam when *i also met a few other parents who joined play sports. One of the parent tried to file the complaint at a police station, but the police was rude and reluctant, and didn't even want to open the file. So I've just spoke with a friend, he was the chief superintendent of police. He suggested that we should gather as many ppl as we could and together, we go to consumer council to file the complaint this week. He said the police usually won't do this since they don't have time to investigate individual cases. If we have many ppl together filing the complaint at consumer council, which also means we have enough evidence, consumer council will probably refer us to the commercial criminal investigation department. He said CC will put pressure, and the police will definitely need to investigate for sure! I would like to know if anyone would like to join?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast