Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Beware of Playsport!

howardcoombs is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by LAlovesJBD View Post
    Besides the Consumer Council, is there any other recourse?
    CC are toothless and wont be able to do very much.
    For $6000 I'd go with this : http://www.judiciary.gov.hk/en/crt_s...lt/html/sc.htm

bbd
    bbd is offline Registered User
    A few years back I switched to Ole soccer / tiny tots. Much happier with the classes and organization.

miran is offline Registered User
    We have been going to tinytots / ole too. Been happy with them overall.

meowow is offline Registered User
    Same here. Really bad experience with these people. My son joined their tennis class back in May was cancelled for no reason. I was unable to find them until after September. After long and hours of tracking them and complaining, I guess I was lucky enough to get my refund. But they are still organizing activities for my son's school. I suggest those of you who are not lucky enough to get your money back report to the police.
    Last edited by meowow; 10-27-2011 at 10:21 AM.

Janeym is offline Registered User
    It sounds as if they take the cheques in without any intention of actually providing the service they are supposed to. I'm going to make a report to police. I've sent about ten emails and a registered letter, and have had two responses: the first that they were handling it, and the second saying they were in Thailand and would handle it on their return. I'm thinking it's either theft or obtaining property by deception, as there was no intention to put on the classes at Stanley Ho and they have had our money for two months now. How difficult is it to send us a cheque - if they have any money, that is. What really annoys me is that we went with them on the endorsement of the Woodlands school, who still put their advertising bumf in my son's folder, rather annoyingly. I'd be happy to make a report to police as a group if anyone else has had a similar experience - not sure of the best way to do this, ie get people to get in touch with me? I'll put a claim into the small claims tribunal of course

meowow is offline Registered User
    Janeym,

You should also call Woodland office. I too went on the endorsement from Woodland. I complained to Woodland about my situation and I was told I was first complain they've heard of. I was told that they had no problem with these people but was going to look into it. Maybe enough people call the school, it will stop the school from working with these people.
    Last edited by meowow; 10-27-2011 at 06:39 PM.

birch is offline Registered User
    I enrolled my son into a soccertots course 3 years ago and similar story to others it was cancelled and it took me months to get my money back. I ended up ringing them every second day until I got my money back which I eventually did. I'll never use them again.

Janeym is offline Registered User
    I've given them a week to pay me back and then I make a report to police and launch legal proceedings.(They claim now they are in Thailand stuck in the floods so can't pay me! It's just one excuse after another) I will be in touch with Woodlands too. They really just take the money for nothing and rely on expat apathy and mobility: people either give up trying to get their money back, or move on. I hope other parents read this thread before parking their cash with Play Sports.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast