Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Beware of Playsport!

taysty is offline Registered User
    I'm just wondering if the playsport you guys are talking about called play sport coaching? I just read the next magazine (Cantonese one) saying that there was this chinese man that enroll his two sons but never get to attend any class. So he made a report to small claim tribunal for his losses. Well, the whole article is quite long. Anyway, he won the case but the owner or boss called Joseph had apparently disappeared so he still can't get his money back. I don't know how true is this article though they wrote that the boss also broke the law submitting false records of his company so those involved should really make a police report!

Ai li is offline Registered User
    How about reporting this case to Consumer Council? I have recently bought an ice cream deal from Groupon, never get delivered... Consumer council does a godo job by getting my money back. Even though, they told me that It takes around 4weeks. Less than a week, I already heard from them :-D

rani is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by xogogo View Post
    And non stop calling other entertainers! Sad!
    How did your party go?
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

aaamom is offline Registered User
    I have enrolled my son for the autumn class, however, they changed both the time and the location (first postponing classes citing construction at Stanley HO sports center, but I check with Stanley Ho and they told me they never agreed to work with Playsports in the fall) and as such my son couldn't attend. I have emailed the Joey to ask for my money back. He initially replied but claimed that he was in Bangkok and therefore couldn't take care of this, and then was missing in action. Don't reply to email and don't answer phone calls.

I have consulted my lawyer friend who told me that in a case like this the consumer council is a bit uesless as they are not as powerful in HK as they are elsewhere and small claim court would charge you more money/time to deal with this and at the end, Joey still may not pay up. She recommended that I just take the loss.

Has any of you successfully gotten your moeny back? I was thinking to go to their office at some point. 2600 is not a large amount, but if there is a few of us, it is not a small amount either!

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    Their website is still up with camps for 2012 ... how and who can stop these guys?

miran is offline Registered User
    Woodland Pre-Schools have just passed their brouchures to all students for birthday parties. They are still holdign soccer classes at woodland schools.

solidstars is offline Registered User
    I would lodge a complaint with the consumer council anyways. Doesn't cost you anything except time

aishab is offline Registered User
    We signed up for a course at Clearwater Bay School and Playsport never showed up and we were going to just let it go since it is a small amount ($2,950) but after reading all your messages, I don't think just letting them get away with this is the right answer! I have been to the consumer council and they cannot help, their explanation was 'if we cannot contact a company we cannot help, please contact the police instead' so our only options are 1. we need to make a police report, and I hope all you parents do so as this way we stand a chance at Playsport being shut down as the more complaints they receive the more serious they will take the situation (if you check their website, they have started signing up for 2012, so we need to stop funding this company!) and we need to contact all the companies who post ad's on their site such as Toys r Us and Woodland and let them know the situation. If anything, this might get us our money back.

Hope you all do your part.

A concerned parent.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast