Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Beware of Playsport!

carang is offline Registered User
    $2950 may not be a "big" amount to you, but to many families, choosing what after-school activities their kids can participate in DOES come down to money. and $2950 IS NOT a small amount... especially if there are 10-20 kids enrolled!

if it was us, that amount is significant. it is quadruple what we pay for a month's school fees for my daughter! it IS a large amount of $ to us and to many others.

DEFINITELY file a police report! then write a letter to the editor of the scmp.... maybe then police will take the complaints seriously!

good luck!

royroy is offline Registered User

Angry Playsport News! what a suprise

my kid had register playsports class and paid via internet last year Jun, and what happened was they cancel the class and never return money no matter how hard we contact them. But, we got their sms today about they gonna reopen the sunday morning class in AIS and asking us to rejoin? anyone has same exp and any comments about that? should we call police and not to join the class Or we should go for the class and see whats going on?

ps. anyone read the NEXT magazine about reporting Playsport cheating? the man who try to chase money back in many legal ways but seems there nothing can do in HK even police force

aishab is offline Registered User
    I think we need to open a police case and post the case number here so ALL parents can complain to the police using the same case number - this way the police can see how many people have been effected by Play Sport and then they might take it seriously!

abby_00 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by carang View Post
    $2950 may not be a "big" amount to you, but to many families, choosing what after-school activities their kids can participate in DOES come down to money. and $2950 IS NOT a small amount... especially if there are 10-20 kids enrolled!

if it was us, that amount is significant. it is quadruple what we pay for a month's school fees for my daughter! it IS a large amount of $ to us and to many others.

DEFINITELY file a police report! then write a letter to the editor of the scmp.... maybe then police will take the complaints seriously!

good luck!
    gosh! i wish i could come across this thread earlier! i enrolled to wednesday class at stantley ho and today was supposed to be the first lesson! as expected, no one was there!!!! i never heard of them since i sent out the cheque (which has been quickly bank in!) i talked to the staff at stanley ho, she said there are parents like me looking for play sports at their venue from time to time!

after reading the thread, i would not spend time to struggle with them. i m going to ask for refund within 1 week or i will go to the police

have any of u reported to the police already? any case number i can refer to?

jimmylin is offline Registered User

Playsports - playsport.com.hk a place for Soccertots that you won't want to continue

For parents who want to have their 3-6 yrs old to start learning soccer, just skip the website of playsport.com.hk or you may end up pissing off. We engaged in autumn term in early Sept 2011 but were told all Saturdays were blocked by Australian school and they could do nothing but utilized the court on Sunday pm only. They just kept saying it was out of their control for AIS to release the court at its own will. Some of us were fine with that and continued the class. In the last lesson on 17th December we were told right at the school entrance that the school started their renovation already and we could not utilize the court anymore until the new school term. Since we did not like the management of playsport, we did not continue the winter term and asked for refund for the missing lesson but up till now, more than one month after the incident, we received nil reply from playsport even after two emails of reminder. To be fair, their coaches are ok. It is just their management who treats their clients unprofessionally. We just do not want any parents here suffer.

hiannaya is offline Registered User

HK police e-report room

well. same case happened to us this morning. We went to stanley Ho sport center this morning to attend our daughter's first soccer class, and realized that we enrolled and paid for the class which doesn't exist at all. According to stanley Ho center, 'play sport' even never register for the venue there. I'm going to report this case to police for sure. I can't believe this guy has been around for such a long time and repeated the same con job, and his website is still on. You even don't need to go to police station, you can report this case at HK police website very easily. I want to make sure this conman doesn't make any more innocent victims! IF YOU HAVE SIMILAR CASE LIKE US, PLEASE REPORT IT TO THE POLICE!!!!

abby_00 is offline Registered User
    hi everyone! i reported the case to the police just now!!! they logged the case but suggested me to go small claim as well. the officer said we need more people reporting similar incidents to escalate it to Commercial Crime Bureau!

i'll contact the victim in next magazine to log a police case. could other parents also do the same? the police officer told me there is no similar case in their system and i am the first one to report!

please pm me for the police report number! we cant let this guy go away!
    miran likes this.

Gemma is offline Registered User
    I think you should consider getting the media like Appledaily involved. Nothing like mass media with front page headlines to get them to take notice.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast