Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Beware of Playsport!

A15
    A15 is offline Registered User
    Has anyone thought about going to the papers or does anyone know how to get the website shut down as it is fraudulent company that we are dealing with. This guy Joey needs to be taught a lesson ripping little kids off.
    Posted via Mobile Device

abby_00 is offline Registered User
    someone did complain to the Next Magazine (issue 1133 http://hk.next.nextmedia.com/templat...rt_id=15825258) but seems not much use. that's why i choose to go through legal way to settle.

birch is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by carang View Post
    just a quick question:
    is playsport the same as socatots (brazilian soccer school)? or are they different organisations?
    Playsport is a different company to Socatots (Brazilian soccer school). The socatots that is run at the YWCA is excellent and I would recommend.

carang is offline Registered User
    that's what i thought. my kids went to socatots (brazilian soccer school)! glad i made the right choice!

luciamay is offline Registered User

Unity is strength!!!!

I've joined the mini sports class for feb 2012, Play sports have delayed the classes twice, i was informed only two hours before the class begins. Today I didn't get his msg, and i thought the class will resume, but of course he didnt show up, and i realized it was a scam when *i also met a few other parents who joined play sports. One of the parent tried to file the complaint at a police station, but the police was rude and reluctant, and didn't even want to open the file. So I've just spoke with a friend, he was the chief superintendent of police. He suggested that we should gather as many ppl as we could and together, we go to consumer council to file the complaint this week. He said the police usually won't do this since they don't have time to investigate individual cases. If we have many ppl together filing the complaint at consumer council, which also means we have enough evidence, consumer council will probably refer us to the commercial criminal investigation department. He said CC will put pressure, and the police will definitely need to investigate for sure! I would like to know if anyone would like to join?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Posted via Mobile Device

audlin is offline Registered User
    I am in for a group action. I signed my daughter up for tennis at Clearwater Bay School with this company in January. The class was 'postponed due to matters out with Play Sport's control'. I have contacted CWBS and discovered that the facilities there were never booked to begin with. I have to keep them informed of all follow-up.

Like everyone else, the office number is transferred to a mobile number with a full mailbox, and no response via email or text message. Ahhhh!

I have also emailed Geobaby regarding this thread as this company is listed in their directory.

Please let me know where, when and how I can make a group action to get my money back and get this company closed down. It sounds like there is no point in me pursuing a police report.

Feel free to PM me with further details and I will also check back on this thread.

Thanks
    Audrey

audlin is offline Registered User
    Also, I plan to write to each sponsor on their website and bring this thread, and my own story, to their attention. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they are not sponsors at all and their logos have just been downloaded and used to try and authenticate the site.
    Audrey

Selayw is offline Registered User
    Happened to us as well!! Nobody showed up and the little one we disappointed. This gotta stop! He is still running the website as normal; sending out messages and emails chasing for course fee and delaying classes as if everything is on going until today! That is horrible. That money is alot for us and no parents should pay Joe for his vacations.

The website needs to be shut down before more people get into his trap!
    I will file my police report as well and post the police number here asap.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast