Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Rocking / glider chair

Trying is offline Registered User

Rocking / glider chair

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a rocking or glider chair that isn't hugely overpriced? I've seen the one in bumps to babes but can't get over it being triple the price of the same thing back home!

AndreaSB is offline Registered User
    A tip: don't look for a "breastfeeding chair" or all you'll find will be overpriced (and ugly) ones. Look in regular furniture shops for something that'll do the same job...you'll even find some in IKEA for a fraction of the price.

ssheng is offline Registered User
    If you ask the B2B salespeople to show you the catalog, you will actually find glider chairs on there that are more inexpensive models. I think I paid half of the price of the showroom one and got to pick my color for fabric and wood. I don't even know how the one I have is 'worse' than the showroom model; seems to be exactly the same to me other than slightly different shaped cushions. It just took a really long time to arrive...something like 3 months.

peababylau is offline Registered User
    I've searched high and low for a reasonably priced one too.. But have yet to find it. Then I read Gina Ford's book, which doesn't recommend it as it can turn into a bad habit for the baby. Not to mention I realized my baby's room is just too small for one!

If u don't mind a 2nd hand chair, there is an ad for a Dutailier rocker on asiaxpat.com -> classified -> babies and kids stuff. The ad was posted on Sept 16, and is on p.19 as i type. But it gets pushed back as more new ads are added. Seller asking $2500 and says it's in excellent condition. Good luck!

Trying is offline Registered User
    Thanks for all the tips!