Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Electric toothbrush

NicoleKwong is offline Registered User

Electric toothbrush

DS is 13 months old. He used to love biting on toothbrush and let me brush his teeth. But since he turned one, he refused to let me do it anymore and stopped playing with the toothbrush. I tried to make it like a game but he was not interested.

Someone recommended electric toothbrush. Does anyone know where I can get one?

Any other tips to get the toddler to brush his teeth?

Thanks/ nic

penelope is offline Registered User

in any PnS or wellcome. they have some kiddies( Dora or Cars etc.) electric toothbrushes.they work with batteries

mazamarie is offline Registered User

Watsons or mannings have them as well. I think we got our daughters at mannings Its a blue one with red spots and the button flashes when you turn it on. It was a lot cheaper than PnS but you can't replace the brush head. I got this one to see if she would like if before I got her the more expensive one.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Posted via Mobile Device

penguinsix is offline Registered User

We got one at Watsons I think (with Cars on it) but then our dentist recommended against them. I've since did some Googling and it appears most folks (like the American Dental Association) are ok with them, provided they are used properly. Their general rule is help your children brush teeth until they are about seven. Effective use of a manual brush is better than improper use of an electric (and vice versa).

http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/fea...d-toothbrushes

We brush the teeth and single a little song every night that eventually the kids learned as their 'toothbrush song' so it's less of a chore for them.

kacoak is offline Registered User

We got a Cars electric toothbrush at Fusion by Park n Shop nearby. Our daughter went through a similar phase at that age, and for a period of a year, we went through many many toothbrushes and toothpaste tubes just to get her to brush her teeth. We bought a pink princess on, a black and white panda one, the above mentioned Cars toothbrush with the accompanying children's toothpaste and most recently, a toddler toothpaste with fingertip gum brush. We even bought animal-shaped toothbrush holder with a suction that sticks to the sink mirror. After a while on the gum brush, she's now settled with a mini Winnie the pooh toothbrush, but still insists on the toddler toothpaste, which she loves to suck and swallow (as it's sweet). The dentist advised us to stick with it since too much fluoride in kid's toothpaste is not good for toddlers. Anything to get her to brush her teeth, we said. So you may have to try a variety of things to get your son to be interested in brushing again.

ps: The Cars toothbrush is being put to good use now, since I've been wanting to get an electric toothbrush myself.

Thanks everyone. The supermarket by us doesn't have any cute ones, I'll definitely reach out to other stores.

kacoak is offline Registered User

I also almost bought one Mickey Mouse electric toothbrush at Fortress. I'm pretty sure Wing On has them too.

Went and got a cars electric toothbrush at mannings today. DS was very excited and he brushed his teeth like 3 times today (he wanted to play with it every time he saw it).
    I hope the excitement will last... Keeping my fingers crossed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast