Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Babysitting in Hong Kong

as72 is offline Registered User
    we used to happily pay the higher fee for rent-a-mum's services, knowing you get trustworthy sitters who are well qualified to look after a baby. the lady who runs rent-a-mum was a bit on the lazy side to return calls in time though, so last minute arrangements always turned a bit stressful.

my most trusted sitter works for this agency now: http://www.insafehands.com.hk/babysitting.htm haven't tried myself, but would trust her to make a good choice.

once our little one was a bit older, we would go with the "borrowing a friend's helper" option, but not while he was a baby

marinoubambou is offline Registered User
    Hello everyone,

I am currently studying Mandarin in HK, and I am trying to find occasional babysits (evenings and weekends). Being the eldest sister of a 5-children family, I started babysitting very early and have now a lot of experience. I am French, but speak English fluently.

Here is my number, in case you would be interested : 9419 5167.

Marine

cleoteq is offline Registered User
    May I ask how much you charge?

EarlyYears is offline Registered User
    Have you found a babysitter yet? I have a friend who is a teacher and a student who may have some free time.

2010-NewDad is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by rooj View Post
    Ahhh sorry for not being much help then! Hope you found something closer to what you were expecting to pay! Please let us know how it all goes too.
    No worries, thanks for the link anyway. The Smart Living agency requires you to commit to a regular schedule, but the charges are as stated here - around $65/hour - depending on how many hours/week you commit to. They say their helpers don't have great English as a rule but we can work with them to find one we could work with.

ghoney77 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by 2010-NewDad View Post
    No worries, thanks for the link anyway. The Smart Living agency requires you to commit to a regular schedule, but the charges are as stated here - around $65/hour - depending on how many hours/week you commit to. They say their helpers don't have great English as a rule but we can work with them to find one we could work with.
    Hi NewDad,
    We are in the same situation as you and just came across this - were you successful in finding someone through Smart Living that speaks a little bit of English?

2010-NewDad is offline Registered User
    Hi - we did not go ahead so far, my wife wants to let our baby grow up a bit more first. I did contact them and they seemed reasonably confident we could get someone we could communicate with. If you do go ahead, please share your experience!

jmelope is offline Registered User
    I'm available to babysit if you still require one. I'm from Australia, speaks english fluently with australian accent. I hold a first aid cert and have many experience in babysitting and English tutoring. I charge 180 first hour then 60 per hour after that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast