Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cleaning floors??

howardcoombs is offline Registered User
    Happy Valley
    Its bad in 2 ways :
    Whatever you use will leave traces - when your baby licks hands, whatever trace was around will be ingested. Ingesting vinegar and most soaps are harmless. Ingesting most disinfectants can be toxic and/or poisonous.

Too clean is not good. Having some amount of dirt is good for your child. Here is another article to read on the topic:
    There are many many more similar articles and studies.

Biggie is offline Registered User
    Hong kong island
    I am not that concerned with the floor. Just let helper does the job. I think she vacuum almost every day, and mop floor with detol or dilute bleach. If it were up to me, I would clean it even less... Just wash baby's hands before eating/napping(when he sucks his fingers). We have a dog too but the play area and kids room are dog-free.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    South District
    like Biggie, my focus is on cleaning babies hands often since my LO sucked her finger alot and to make sure hands were washed before meals. didn't use anything specific to clean floors - well, diluted bleach to mop a couple times a week and vacuum also a couple times a week. we have a dog (small one) but when our baby was small they were never in the same area at the same time. think being too clean is more harmful to the baby - not that i want my kid to grow up in a dirty environment, but some dirt is good for kids

charade is offline Registered User
    Never thought about this before. My helper uses some cleaning liquid in the water to mop everyday and I'm not too concerned about it or a bit of dirt either. My son puts everything in his mouth, but hasn't had any serious illnesses so far. I guess if one is concerned about residue and still wants to mop, vinegar/water might be a better choice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12