Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Interview for pre-nursery school

Gataloca is offline Registered User

Interview for pre-nursery school

Recently we applied our 14 month old in a pre-nursery school. As they said that they will notify us for an interview on next month, i was just wondering about what kind of things they will ask about. My baby really doesn't have any skill yet.. he doesn't walk on his own yet, doesn't say any real word (he even say Ma-Ma to my helper!), he does some "tricks" but he doesn't always do that... So what kind of things they would consider?

pixelelf is offline Registered User
    Interview for 14mth old? Which school ia this please?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Gataloca is offline Registered User
    Greenville Kids' World International Nursery and Kindergarten, in TKO.... Well, they didn't say what kind of interview... probably is for the parents? still would like to know what kind of things they would look for.

carang is offline Registered User
    interviewing a 14 month old? absolutely, utterly, completely, totally ridiculous!

arleneli is offline Registered User
    Yes, this is quite common in HK. I have been looking at some pre-nursery school in Kln Tong for my son and most website stated that they will hold an interview on march 2012.

I do really want to know what they are looking for in an almost 2 yrs old child.

AmyH is offline Registered User
    I would think that the interview will be for the parents. If it is an english speaking pre-nursery they may want to see what languages are spoken at home by parents, helper etc. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

babydoll is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by arleneli View Post
    Yes, this is quite common in HK. I have been looking at some pre-nursery school in Kln Tong for my son and most website stated that they will hold an interview on march 2012.

I do really want to know what they are looking for in an almost 2 yrs old child.
    We've been to a few of these 'interviews' for the international preschools in Kowloon Tong. They basically want to physically see the child, make sure the child has no major behavioural issues, roughly gauge the communication ability. They may show the child a baby book or toy, play with him/her and ask very simple things such as colours. The interview is also for the parents to clarify some questions they may have (eg. preference for am/pm class) or for the teachers to check the language spoken at home etc.

rooj is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by carang View Post
    interviewing a 14 month old? absolutely, utterly, completely, totally ridiculous!
    Agreed but oh so very normal in HK. I used to work at an "international" kindergarten. We also used to interview 14 month old babies (yes the babies not the parents) and assess them for things that were completely developmentally normal, for example, if said baby put anything in his mouth they were not given a place at the school. If they cried when away from the caregiver, they would not get a place. If they didn't sing to the song or listen to the story they were not given a place... and so on and so forth.

The kindergarten I used to work for is HUGELY popular and has a reputation as being one of the leading kindergartens in HK.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast