Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Setting up a PlayGroup Biz in Kowloon

ivanlau520 is offline Registered User

Setting up a PlayGroup Biz in Kowloon

Hi there,

I would like to do some reserach on how to set up a Playgroup business in Kowloon area. However, I am having trouble finding the necessary information regarding licence, rules, regulations requirements etc.

Could someone kindly direct me to the relevant source so that I can find some solid information.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Regars

I

we_make is offline Registered User
    Hi Ivan,

I had been looking into the same thing a few months back... There are a lot of regulations concerning fire safety, health, etc. but I found that this site was good at summarizing the general steps. Have a look through the HK EDB website, it's difficult to navigate but most of the technical information you will need can be found there.

http://www.guidemehongkong.com/indus...ss-setup-guide

If you are looking for a Playgroup curriculum or teachers in the future, send me a message! I have started my own business running a "Mobile Studio", which is essentially where the teachers will bring all of the materials to the students at a predetermined location. Http://we-make.hk

ivanlau520 is offline Registered User
    Hi there,

You are running a very interesting business and all the best to you.

I dont think I need to register my playgroup business as a "School" as I wont provide any educational activities. However, I am having very limited information and regulations on how to set up a playgroup business in HK (couldnt found any clear requirements / regulations etc on playgroup business). e.g number of maximum students in a class / in a day etc.

Any chance you would know a consultant that are specializing in setting up a playgroup business as I would like to hear some professional advices.

Quote Originally Posted by we_make View Post
    Hi Ivan,

I had been looking into the same thing a few months back... There are a lot of regulations concerning fire safety, health, etc. but I found that this site was good at summarizing the general steps. Have a look through the HK EDB website, it's difficult to navigate but most of the technical information you will need can be found there.

http://www.guidemehongkong.com/indus...ss-setup-guide

If you are looking for a Playgroup curriculum or teachers in the future, send me a message! I have started my own business running a "Mobile Studio", which is essentially where the teachers will bring all of the materials to the students at a predetermined location. Http://we-make.hk

carang is offline Registered User
    you won't find any requirements for a playgroup centre because there aren't very many.

1) if you take children under the age of 3, they must be accompanied by a parent/guardian (or else you must register with the social welfare dept)
    2) if you offer any "educational" classes (phonics etc) then you are allowed to have no more than 7 children/class and no more than 21 children per day... if you have more than that, then you must register with the EDB

education/learning centres have a TON of regulations... playgroups, not so much. you just have to be VERY careful with the class content.