Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

School/Nanny Bus from Sai Kung to Kowloon Tong?

Dummie is offline Registered User

School/Nanny Bus from Sai Kung to Kowloon Tong?

Hi There

My child attends Beacon Hill School in Kowloon Tong and it's a nightmare getting to school each dat from Sai Kung in the morning.

I've searched high and low for a schoo/nanny bus but without success.

Does anyone know of any? It doesn't have to go to his school. I'll be happy just finding a bus to take him to Kowloon Tong!

Many thanks in advance :)

carang is offline Registered User

the problem is that for insurance purposes, school buses contracted to one school cannot be used by students of another. you are unlikely to find any buses because of that.

you may want to talk to a taxi driver and make a monthly arrangement with them... although, this too is illegal (legally you should pay the metre reading)

Dummie is offline Registered User

Hi Cara

I think I 'met' you on another site and if I remember correctly your children are English speaking but attend a local school in Sai Kung?

Can you tell me how this works out for you? My child is autistic and doesn't speak any Cantonese/Mandarin so I've always been weary of placing him into a local school mainly because I don't feel he'll receive the extra attention/support he needs.

Thanks.

shwetakhanna is offline Registered User

You may contact Concord bus company (Ph - 2788 0222, [email protected]). My daughter took their bus last semster from shatin to kowloon tong. You can check with them if they provide service from your area.

hi dummie,
    yes, i remember you and you are correct about my kids.

i would STRONGLY suggest staying as far clear of the local education system as you can given your child's special needs. i just don't think that local schools have the training, the experience or the time to help such a child. your child is far better off at an international school if you have a place for him there.

good luck!

AmyH is offline Registered User

My son used to take a bus from Gold Coast to kowloon tong (the bus picked up children from 3 other schools also). As far as i know they ran a service throughout the new territories so I will root out the number and PM you with it.

thanks, ladies that is great to know! i would love to be able to get a school bus or something to take my kids to school. right now, they have to be on the public bus at 7am in order to be to school by 7:55am... my son is coping relatively well but my daughter is having a fit almost every morning....NOT fun! she's just too tired even though she's in bed and asleep before 7:30pm.