Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

iPad apps

NicoleKwong is offline Registered User

iPad apps

Hi all,

I'm going to travel with my active 14 months old next week ( 3 hrs flight) and am looking for some great toddlers applications.
    He loves music and colors.. And love touching the screen with his fingers ( more like his whole palm )
    Any suggestions??

Thanks/ nic

kacoak is offline Registered User
    Flashcards, Shape Puzzles, Paint Sparkles, Doodle Buddy. I believe they are all free apps! Oh and of course, YouTube. But would not be useful on a plane since Internet is required. My daughter loves watching nursery rhymes on it. She figured out fast to watch Related Viedos so she can explore other kid videos on her own after watching one. I do monitor once in a while to make sure she hasn't strayed off the kid friendly contents - but so far so good!

blessed is offline Registered User
    the ones from "duck duck moose" are good, but i think they are paid ones... those from "sesame street" are good too...

a 3-hr flight should be manageable, just remember when you really need the ipad you can't use it (the wait on tarmac for take off and 15-minute to landing... when everyone need to buckle up you also need to switch it off!)...

i was flying solo with my 11-mth old to LAX 2 weeks ago and the ipad didn't get much use... he was more interested to interact with others then playing with the machine, we had the first row and he was trying to play with everyone lining up for the bathroom! but i did see a 3 year old sitting nearby was really into it though!

good luck with the flight!

Portia is offline Registered User
    My LO's favourites are BabyFaces which I recall at the time I thought was a rip off in terms of cost as it just photos of babies with a soundtrack of them laughing or crying. But my LO plays with it everyday so I cannot really complain of the cost in the long run. Other current favourites are SoundTouch, Baby Piano and Talking Rabbit. When he was younger, he liked Hatch.

But I agree with Blessed because my LO was also more interested in exploring the plane and the remote control and trying to interact with people. My iPhone was however priceless in restaurants when he needed to be entertained.

NicoleKwong is offline Registered User
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions. We survived the flights with lots of snacks. Surprisingly he wasn't really into the iPad, maybe because I didn't turn up the sound? ( didn't want to disturb other people). Next time I know.. Some small new toys, snacks, snacks, and snacks.