Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Extras for helpers

fianna is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Thanks! My helper works from around 8 till 7.30-8 pm, with breaks whenever she feels she needs them( the 9 to 5 was just a saying). Babysitting at night comes after the day of work that is why i was thinking about paying overtime. I know is part of their job so i was just curious about what other people are doing. i'll just give her a bonus from time to time then.

charade is offline Registered User
    My helper goes beyond the call of duty so we gave her a bonus and will probably raise her salary in the coming year. We also give her little cash gifts on special occasions like her birthday. I think that's a good way of showing our appreciation for her extra effort.

elle is offline Registered User
    hk south side
    We do pay our helper "overtime" for working after 8pm, although it is not the norm in HK. We started doing this years ago when we hired her as it seemed more normal to us (from the US). Pretty sure we would do this again if we hired another helper. However, we don't think that our helper has come to expect it, even six years on she is very appreciative. I also think it makes her feel valued as a hard worker, although there are other ways to do this, giving her a bit extra for "extra" work is an easy way for us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12