Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bugaboo: Cameleon vs Bee

Zoska is offline Registered User

Bugaboo: Cameleon vs Bee

I keep xhanging my mind which one to get! I think Bee is better for Hong Kong as folds in one peace and is smaller but think that cameleon is more comfy for a newborn. Any one with expiriance with one or the other?

bonita is offline Registered User

We own the cameleon and LOVE the steering and shock-absorption; but the folding/unfolding/storing can be a problem.

elle is offline Registered User

Where in HK do you live? We ended up with two - a nice big wheeled one for around our neighborhood where we do lots of walking but the sidewalks are pretty bumpy in places (and you're right, the folding makes it nearly impossible to travel in taxi's/ busses) and a much lighter Mclaren Volo for public transport and trips around town. Really struggled with getting two as it seemed silly and didn't get the second until baby was older - just carried with a sling on the bus until around 6 months.

I live in Happy Valley but considering moving to DB I think think due to folding issue i might be swinging towards bee.

elle is offline Registered User

if i only wanted one stroller and was going to do it all over again i would just get the Bee - especially in a place like Happy Valley or DB where the sidewalks are relatively well kept - the bigger Chameleon wheels aren't as necessary. The two piece folding issue really, really is a pain, especially before baby can stand, if you are going to travel at all with the stroller.

Also, for the first several months i didn't go out that much with baby and when i did, didn't go very far so having a completely flat and big bassenet with the stroller really wasn't a feature that I used often (used a sling much, much more when out and about for the first several months) - and now it is just in the way but I don't want to toss it as I expect whoever ends up with my stroller when baby outgrows it will want the bassenet also.

Last edited by elle; 09-21-2011 at 05:47 PM.

sea princess is offline Registered User

bee for sure!

I have both and without any hesitation I would recommend the bee and tell you not to buy the cameleon! It's just too big and awkward for HK. The Bee is just as comfortable (espeically if you get the sleeping bag or insert if you want more padding), easy to manouvre and can fold in one action without having to dissemble it into two parts. For me, it's a no brainer!

Thanks a lot i guess bee it is :)!

slin is offline Registered User

i've been eyeing a bee too for my newborn as well, but changed my mind when i read bout several complaints on the swivel wheels and chasis in the new bee plus model. Just wondering if any of you here have the same probs?

HEre is one of the youtube video on the swivel wheels problem - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEbI8...eature=related

Zoska - if you are planning to get a bee, do check it out at eugeneclub...its by far the cheapest in market at 5k plus now and you will get a free VIP membership.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast