Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

8 weeks old baby sleeping for 7 hrs at a stretch

ishaaditidhar is offline Registered User

8 weeks old baby sleeping for 7 hrs at a stretch

Hi everyone... I a, a new person on this website but after havng read series f threads where moms are sharing their worries/anxieties/doubts and experiences, I am encouraged to post my querries too..

My baby boy is 8 weeks old and his sleep patter seems to have changed nw.. ther was a point of time when he barely slept for 2 hrs continuously.. however since the past 5 days, I have been noticing a distinct change.. he takes his last feed at about 1130-12 midnight and sleeps thru the night and wakes up only at 630-7 in the morning.. he has been sleeping without any movement or any visible sign of discomfort/pain.. I am curious to know if this is normal at his age..

I have been breast feeding (expressing a lot and giving it to him) him but do give him formula milk too during the day/night.

At this moment, his totdal number of feeds is between 6-8, and he seems to be content with this. He seems to have a good feed once he has slept.. but as a first time mom, I feel concerned about this long - uninterrupted sleep pattern of his.

I would be grateful if others share their experiences and guide me as to whether am proceeding in the right direction or not.. :)

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User
    Don't be concerned, some sleep and some don't. Mine was a sleeper; 5 hours from three days old then progressing to 8 hours by about the same age as yours. Count your blessings and probably don't mention it to other new mums whose babies don't sleep as much unless you want to get thumped ;-)

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Congrats! Sounds like he is sleeping through the night already!! How awesome ...

mummymoo is offline Registered User
    If he is putting weight on nicely, making wet nappies and is otherwise well, don't worry and enjoy having a baby with a naturally easy sleep routine!

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    you're really lucky! if he's hungry he will wake up! :) enjoy! :)

1stimemum is offline Registered User
    i would congratulate u on having a good sleeper. Take the chance to rest when he sleeps, most of us here wish we had such an easy sleeper!!!
    don't worry so much.

ishaaditidhar is offline Registered User
    thank you all ever so much for the reassuring replies.. makes me feel a lot better!!

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    Don't worry, and enjoy! You're lucky! I was lucky with all 3 but especially my first, 8 hours at 6 weeks and 12 hours at 3 months and still an excellent sleeper. She was born late with a very healthy weight (9lbs) and completely ff which I am sure helped!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast