Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Kiangsu & Chekiang Primary School & Kindergarten

Sooney is offline Registered User

Kiangsu & Chekiang Primary School & Kindergarten

Hello. Does anyone have their child at Kiangsu & Chekiang International? If so, are you happy with the kindergarten/school? I went for a tour there today and was surprised that there were not many expat kids. The staff were so friendly and my first impression of the school was very positive. I am keen to hear other's thoughts / experiences. Thanks so much!
    luvjoara likes this.

EarlyYears is offline Registered User
    Have sent you a PM.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

ssheng is offline Registered User
    I'm just guessing, but maybe there aren't many expat kids because they teach Chinese immersion so it's less accessible for the parents? At least, I know the regular section does...not sure about how much Chinese is spoken in the international section. I know all the forms being in Chinese deterred some parents from the local section, as well as the older condition of the buildings.

trttrt is offline Registered User
    Hi, I have placed my child on the waitlist for the school. But I think there is low chance of getting in since the administrator told me we are on queue number 300 and there are only 80 spots. Would appreciate any feedback on the school as well. Thanks so much!

kacoak is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by trttrt View Post
    Hi, I have placed my child on the waitlist for the school. But I think there is low chance of getting in since the administrator told me we are on queue number 300 and there are only 80 spots. Would appreciate any feedback on the school as well. Thanks so much!
    That's a long waiting list! Is that for this year's admission to K-1?

trttrt is offline Registered User
    Yes, hahaha! Sounds insane right? But I still paid the hkd 500 application fee in case there is a chance...

littleho is offline Registered User
    KCIS is a very good choice. Being a non-profit school organisation, it charges affordable school fees as compared with other international schools. It does not require debenture. It follows the British National Curriculum with strong emphasis on its Mandarin program. Competition has intensified substantially as the school begins to gain reputation. Most of the students are local whose parents would like to their kids to achieve native/near-native Mandarin skill. However, there are students from other countries including Taiwanese, Japanese and other western countries.

wegetable is offline Registered User
    Littleho,

I am a KCIS parent as well. I read from your other post that there are 5 spots in P1, do you mean right now? I am wondering why the school doesn't fill the openings up right away. So far, I am very happy with the school. I am a little surprised that there isn't any homework yet.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast