Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Bugaboo Bee Plus Defective Swivel Wheel

slin is offline Registered User

Question Bugaboo Bee Plus Defective Swivel Wheel

Hi all,

Need some advise here - i'm looking for a relatively lightweight stroller for my first baby (due next March) that can be used from newborn to perhaps 3-4 years old. My hubby and i have pretty much set our eyes on bugaboo bee but after some research on the net, we found heaps of complaints especially on the new bugaboo bee plus 2011 model. Most of complaints were on the swivel wheels, just wondering if any of HK moms have encounter the same problems?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DO9BwgDchs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEbI8...eature=related

I am hoping its just a batch defect that may not have affected the HK market (slight chance huh?!). If not bugaboo bee, can you recommend any other lightweight but yet sturdy strollers?

I have browsed through most of the threads here and it seems like Maclaren is top choice but i personally prefer a stroller that can be adjusted both inward and front facing. I would like to have my baby facing me at least till he/she is about 12 months old.

Another brand that i'm interested in is Peg Perego, but i dont see it in B2B, mothercare nor eugeneclub....just wondering why this stroller is not popular in hk...

Any advise/recommendations are appreciated.

Cheers!

Gemma is offline Registered User
    We have a bee plus and love it, ESP when bub was little and we can just pop our cabriofix car seat on it so he can continue sleeping.

We did have a problem with the swivel wheels, they tend to shimmy when you go fast. We got some kind of fix-it device from mothercare which bugaboo supplied for free, and since then haven't had any problems.

Gemma is offline Registered User
    Just had a look at the vid , yes we got ours in 2010 and it's been 15 months now. So hopefully just a batch problem?

peachylin is offline Registered User
    Should you have problems with your wheels, bugaboo will send replacement free of charge. They did with mine. The bee plus is a good stroller :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

mk2420 is offline Registered User

Bugaboo Bee

We had this problem and it was bad. But we bought ours in NY before we moved here in July if that makes any difference. We encountered problems in less than two weeks. At the time, Bugaboo customer service was undergoing some structural changes or whatever so their service was poor. We waited four weeks to get the replacement wheels and we actually got another set sent to us here in HK... I think it's a hit or miss.

We do like ours but if I were you, I'd go with UPPA Baby Cruz... Wish that was out earlier! http://www.uppababy.com/products/product.php?id=210

Jas Han is offline Registered User
    Oh, this seems to be a recurring problem. I was testing out the Bugaboo Bee + last Saturday and was very satisfied. Although after watching that video, I may have to look for other options