Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No Cry Sleep Solution?

erina320 is offline Registered User

No Cry Sleep Solution?

Has anyone tried this book to help their little one's sleep?

My 9 month old still is not sleeping through the night and is waking up more often now than when she was younger... like 5-6 times a night I am not exaggerating! My 3 year old is also a horrible sleeper and is very difficult to get to sleep and often wakes in the night crying for Mommy. I am disparate to get my children to sleep better!

Thanks in advance...

southside852 is offline Registered User

yes, we got it awhile back for our first son. The method did not work for our son as every time we went in or he saw us, he thought it was play time. He also cried even harder when we would come in then leave. Our first son (now 3.5 years old) was a horrible sleeper and for us, the only method that worked was ferberizing.

geo-seb is offline Registered User

Yes, we tried it with our 9 month old daughter and it did not work at all. She just became more agitated, wanted more attention and slept even less (also woke up more than 5 times a night). We now use a method similar to ferberizing (sleep rituals, no picking up once the baby is in bed, use voice only to comfort her etc) and it works much better. She is 10 months now and slept through for 10 hours for the first time last week.

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User

I followed Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Dr. M. Weissbluth since he was our pediatrician in the States. We followed it with all 3 and I must say, they were and are all very very good sleepers, but you may have some crying, especially at this age.

BeaMae is offline Registered User

I just started sleep training my 11 month old who also wakes up multiple times a night. I started with Dr. Weissbluth's method, but after 2 days and nights of complete hysteria and vomiting I decided to go a different route. Plus her eating dropped off after the first night. I am now staying with her in the room, but not taking her out of the crib. There is crying, but it's not as bad as leaving her, and she is getting better. And both of us are more relaxed. She also slept 10 hours one night, a first for her. Not sure how long it will take to get her to go to bed on her own, it's one day at a time, but I will take any progress at this point.

mavislohsp is offline Registered User

My LO used to sleep quite well at night but recently he would take about 3 hours to go back to sleep after he took his night feed at 10.30pm. Before this, I tried The sleepeasy Solution n it did help me to tackle the morning nap, but not afternoon nap.

I think both solution have some similarity. FYI.

Jzlyn is offline Registered User

No Cry Sleep Solution did not work for us, like the others mentioned it just seems to make things work. I've read (partially) Dr. Weissbluth as well, he was too wordy for me. I end up using The Sleepeasy Solution which is similar to the ferber method - let baby cry but with fixed interval check-ins (not staying more than 30 secs) and NO physical contact just verbal assurances during check-ins.

erina320 is offline Registered User

Thanks everyone.

I think I'll just try the 'controlled crying' method I used with my first, which sounds a lot like the Sleep easy solution. I was hoping to avoid it cause I ABSOLUTELY hate it, but I'm at a loss for what else to do...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast