Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vitamin C for babies?

Dianeb is offline Registered User

Vitamin C for babies?

Hihi all...

I think my 14 month old baby is on the verge of getting a flu/cold...she is sneezing constantly, has runny nose when she sneezes and she is coughing (esp night time when she is lying down). I will see how things go tomorrow or the day after the next to see if I need to bring her to the doctor. For the time being, does anyone know if there is any liquid vitamin C for babies this young? I know for me when I am on the verge of getting a flu, drinking lots of those Vitamin C drinks would sometimes help and it may even stop the flu from coming in some cases.....

Thank so much for your help!!
    Diane

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User

Personally I wouldn't give supplements especially to a child that young, I'd offer plenty of healthy and vitamin C rich natural foods and if she feels the need for extra she'll eat them. Colds are a part of childhood and help them to build the immune system so it's about ensuring her body has all the resources she needs to fight it off quickly, most children seem able to fight off a cold in a day or two, much faster than some adults!

rani is offline Administrator

Our guy was sick quite often as a baby, and we started giving him Cod liver Oil and it has built his resistance. You can get pure cod liver from the health stores, but now we just use the Scotts Emulsion which is available everywhere. It's got Vit C as well.

We started taking it at 2, but I believe you can start earlier.

https://www.mypharmacy.com.sg/shopfr...SKU=881299002K

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

lesliefu is offline Registered User

no supplements really for that young of an age - vitamin rich foods should do and plenty of water and sleep. if you can - and if your child will, longer naps will normally help to fit off the illness!

trttrt is offline Registered User

U might like to try this... Read the reviews for more feedback on it. It's supposed to b v effective and anti-viral. Safe for kids above 1. I ordered it for my daughter but so far she has not got any colds or coughs of any sorts so cant verify that it works. Do have many friends who swear by it though!
    http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Way-Sa...0-ml/9342?at=1

thanks so much for all your replies...I have been making orange and kiwi juice for her in an attempt to boost more vitamin C......my baby still has a runny nose and cough but I would not say its too serious at the moment..the sambucus for kids sounds interesting and I think I will give it a try and will update you all later ..hope it will work for my baby!

just a little update...while I went to buy some Sambucus for kids this morning, the pharmacist also suggested a natural remedy called Coryzalia which is specially for children aged 1 month to 6 years old with nasal congestion, runny nose and sneezing. Has anyone tried this one too?

trttrt is offline Registered User

Hi dianeb, I saw that at citysuper too. But never tried it before. Maybe you could google online for some reviews or more info?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast