Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Petit Miam yogurt for 7 month old?

lrpolo is offline Registered User

Petit Miam yogurt for 7 month old?

In the UK Petit Filous is given a lot to babies under 1 and it actually says on the packet suitable from weaning. They don't seam to have Petit Filous here, but they have something which looks similar called Petit Miam from Yoplait, but it says on their packaging 'suitable from 1 year', does anybody know why this is? I gave one to my LO anyway who is 7 months and she really liked it, as opposed to the other stuff I've been trying to give her! It would be a shame if I can't find a suitable yoghurt substitute for her here, just worried about her not getting enough fat in her diet.

Biggie is offline Registered User
    I gave my baby regular full fat yogurt from about 7 mth. Paul, horizon organic, or a Greek style one
    Posted via Mobile Device
    nino likes this.

carang is offline Registered User
    there's no need for the 'baby' yoghurt... just don't give the chunks of fruit in the regular yoghurt and your baby will be fine.... they can charge a premium for anything with "baby" on it...
    southside852 likes this.

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User
    Agreed, we buy big pots of good quality plain or greek yoghurt and add fresh fruit or stewed apples. I've never seen the point in those little yoghurts and if you taste them they're usually really, really sweet so no wonder babies like them!

bonita is offline Registered User
    I've also been giving my daughter regular "adult" yogurt since 6 months. Just make sure it's made of whole milk and not low fat or skim milk. I then add fresh purée fruit. Now that she's almost 2, I add small pieces of fruit and granola to it.

lrpolo is offline Registered User
    Oh OK, yes I had a look at the adult yogurts, but it seemed they were all either low fat or had pro-biotics in them which I wasn't sure about for baby

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Probiotics is fine - yoghurt, by definition, has probiotics in it. I don't think it's possible to have probiotic-free yoghurt.

A lot of those baby ones are all sugar, actually I think that many of the adult ones are better for them... you just need to buy a good yoghurt, preferably one without a lot of the additives... and yes, full-cream too.

pixelelf is offline Registered User
    we give our kids whole yoghurt from 7 mths. we buy from park and shop stocks st paul's whole, full fat yoghurt. they love it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast