Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gymboree music class

Dianeb is offline Registered User

Gymboree music class

Dear all,

I have a 14 month old baby and I am thinking of putting her in some fun music classes...has anyone tried the music class at Gymboree? is it fun and how's the quality of the teacher/size of class? I note that Gymboree offers a cross program which means you can alternate the 10 or 12 lessons between gym and the music class. has anyone tried their gym class?

Alternatively could you please let know any places (preferrably on the HK islands side please) which offer music classes for babies?

I have heard that Kindermusik is good but unforuntaely I dont fit into their current timetable....

Any comments would be appreciated!! Many thx!!

Thanks!!
    Diane

bonita is offline Registered User
    My 23-month-old daughter has been going to music class at Gymboree central since she was 10 months old. Classes usually range from 3 to 8 kids. You'll usually see parents on weekends and domestic helpers on weekdays. One thing I like is the flexibility on schedule. Since there are many time slots for one class, if you can't make the class you originally signed up for, just call and change it to another time slot.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    My son loved Music Together that Andrea Nye runs on HK Island. We went to the one in Pacific View on Fridays. It's a music program based in Princeton, NJ and is fabulous! Andrea does a great job at getting all ages involved.

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User
    We did the Gymboree music for a while and it is good but the flexibility of the schedule does mean that if you're going to a popular time slot then there can be far too many children in class, we stopped because the time that worked for us was often a bit chaotic.

Portia is offline Registered User
    Suggest you go to a trial class. I like the bright and airy room, how the toys are cleaned after use, how clean socks are provided for adults and adults all wear socks and the flexibility is the schedule, but I am only so-so about the actual class which can, as mentioned by others, be a little chaotic with new or different students almost each week. Would have preferred to continue with Kindermusik but with the closure of Kate's Kids studio in Central, the timing and location of the sessions (in clubs and other venues) didn't work for us.
    Posted via Mobile Device

NicoleKwong is offline Registered User
    My 13 months old loved the gym n music classes at Gymboree. We stopped going because we've moved to the Kowloon side.
    You should totally do a trial class b4 committing.

Portia is offline Registered User
    I really like the Gymboree gym class too. Very good equipment, fun themes and a large space for the kids to run around in.
    Posted via Mobile Device

southside852 is offline Registered User
    We actually did a trial at Gymboree and the class was made up of mostly helpers/child. Since it's a franchise the class is very scripted etc.....

Instead, we went to Panda Junction which we LOVED. I liked how the play space and the class after were totally separate and the kids didn't get distracted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast