Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Question on K3

temajie is offline Registered User
    Yes we are French but we don't know where we will be in two years: either the US or Switzerland. I do not consider the FIS although they indeed told me there would be a spot for my daughter because 1) I cannot afford $60000 debenture right now 2) I would have to find a kindergarten for my 2 years old son (he will be 3 next academic year) close to Jardines Lookout where the FIS is and manage to drop them both at the same time but at different places. I guess my daughter would have to take the school bus which I would have preferred to avoid that young. Currently, my children are at the same school and it is 10mn walk from home so you can imagine how handy it is for me who have no help with the kids and also nice for them. 3) I'd rather keep on sending my kids to an English-speaking school in case we move to the US, given that they already learn French from home. For the cost, sending my daughter to the FIS would also make a big difference since all I pay today is a half day in a kindergarten, that is $7000 in total for both of my kids. After making a lot of research on education in HK, I finally realize how expensive education can be in HK. We are even planning to move next year to a cheaper apartment just to save money for their education. TNT, what you say about the girl who was happier to go to another kindergarten rather than repeat her K2 program is what I dread most. The good point of doing K3 in the same school would be that it would give her more confidence in English and she needs that. Harsh decision though.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    i would just stay put, especially if your daughter likes the school and teachers now - you have the luxury to not have to
    "worry" about what the next step is because you won't be here! :) learning should be fun and if she's having fun - don't worry!

temajie is offline Registered User
    Thank you Leslie, I think that is exactly what I want to hear ;)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12