Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Which kindergarten to have better chance to get into Chinese international school?

baby09 is offline Registered User

Which kindergarten to have better chance to get into Chinese international school?

Hi my daughter is currently at Victoria kindergarten but it seems not many get a place at cis which is the school I want her later to attend.

Anyone now attending cis can tell me which kindergarten she should attend to increase her chances of getting an interview with cis at reception level? How about tutor time or Chekiang Kiangsu school? Thanks!

carang is offline Registered User

honestly, i think getting into the school you want has less to do with where your child went to kindergarten than with (1) how much $ you have (ie. can you afford a debenture?); (2) the child's personality (ie. is she confident enough to answer questions asked by strangers at a very young age?); and (3) how many other kids are also trying to get in at the same time....

jvn likes this.

baby09 is offline Registered User

Thankfully issue 1 and 2 is not a problem. Essentially finding a english and mandarin school is our top priority plus cis is near where we live - unfortunately there aren't slot of schools that teach in these 2 languages which is probably why so many apply to it.

also look at Yew Chung and KCIS... i believe both of those schools have strong mandarin programmes as well...

littleho is offline Registered User

I heard students from Victoria as well as KCS and KCIS were given admission offers. I think CIS looks at what applicants can achieve rather than where they come from. If you look for English/Mandarin school, you should not limit your kid to CIS alone. You can consider SIS and KCIS.

Quote Originally Posted by baby09 View Post
    Thankfully issue 1 and 2 is not a problem. Essentially finding a english and mandarin school is our top priority plus cis is near where we live - unfortunately there aren't slot of schools that teach in these 2 languages which is probably why so many apply to it.

Obiwan is offline Registered User

Just saw on the sis website yesterday that their pioneer batch of graduate has achieved 100% A* on 3 subjects, mandarin Chinese, music and physics. Either the statistics is skewed/represented in the wrong way, else it sounds like very very good academic result.

i wonder how much pressure those kids were under???

EarlyYears is offline Registered User

CCKG in Kowloon Tong

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast