Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By carang

Which organic formula has the best feedback / is most well known in Hong Kong?

Yvonne Ma is offline Registered User

Which organic formula has the best feedback / is most well known in Hong Kong?

Hi mums,

Which organic formula available in Hong Kong has the best feedback / is most well known according to your experiences / what you heard?

My breast-fed baby is 10 months old and since he has not been gaining weight for the past two months my pediatrician suggested maybe I should mix some formula into his food. So my purpose is to make my baby bigger while being natural. I noticed that many of the organic brands use organic skimmed milk. Does any of you know of any good organic brand which use full fat milk?

Thanks very much!

Yvonne

carang is offline Registered User
    why mix formula, why not increase his actual food consumption? (hk drs are WAY too fast to recommend formula!) by 12 months your 'baby' should be getting most of his nutrients from his food, rather than from milk anyway... just seems silly to have to wean him twice.
    miran likes this.

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User
    I think they weigh too often here too, babies rarely follow a perfect curve and a couple of static months at that age wouldn't worry me very much unless there are other indications of poor health, lack of energy or something like that.

Make sure there are plenty of healthy fats in his diet, babies need considerably more than adults do so things like avocado and full fat yoghurt are good. There's no reason why you can't use regular full fat milk if you're looking at it being in his food, like on cereal or in a cheese sauce, it doesn't need to be formula at all. Cow's milk isn't recommended as a drink to replace formula or breastmilk under one but it's fine in food.

Thanks very much!

Apart from full fat yoghurt and avocado, would you know if things like butter, olive oil, and fish oil be good for my 10-month old baby?

Do you know where I can get good fish oil if so?

Thanks!

Yvonnr

bonita is offline Registered User
    For fish oil, why not just feed your baby fish? I used to give my baby salmon, sea bass etc. I also toss pasta with olive oil for her

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User
    Oh for sure, you can add olive oil to lots of things, it's a really good fat and butter too but I'd limit the salted kind and get more unsalted as he's still quite young. My son loves butter and if he gets hold of the packet will eat chunks of it so I'm sure your baby will love it.

Thanks very much all!