Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Moisturizing your baby...

Liquorice is offline Registered User

Moisturizing your baby...

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on moisturizing your little ones.

I don't tend to put cream on my little boy (10 months) after each bath, but usually only when his skin is dry or has a rash.

Is it good to moisturize on a more regular basis? Does it protect the skin or does it cause the skin to need creams and moisturizers?

My son seems to be fine with what I'm doing, just wondering what other people do and if it might be better.

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    We have been using QV Lotion and Cream from birth. So far so good.

inkmink is offline Registered User
    My daughter has eczema so we have to moisturise straight after bath to seal the moisture in and regularly especially when it's dry.

However, my sister who have a 13 months girl with no skin problem, bath her daughter in J&J bath oil and moisturises straight after bath from head to toe. Her skin is super smooth and soft to the point I can't resist but touch her non-stop! Lol

carey is offline Registered User
    Like inkmink, My 5 month old has eczema, so we cream him head to toe right after bath. If really helps.

But my first one, 28 month, has no skin probelm. We never put lotion on him after bath except when he has dry patches, which is not often. His skin is just soft and smooth as is should be.

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Thanks for your replies.

It is funny how sometimes my son has really bad eczema but then when it goes away it stays away for months and his skin is completely clear. I can't quite work out what causes it.

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Have never used much on either of my children's skin. When I do use something we use olive oil or coconut oil. I don't like to use regular creams as they're mostly petrol products and other things that I feel aren't so great for children to be absorbing. I find this website to be useful.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

southside852 is offline Registered User
    w/my first son we used olive oil for the first 3 months. with my 2nd we used aveeno baby since birth and aquaphor baby.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    have always moisturized my babies - physiogel. tried not to with my 3rd thought it was unnecessary cause it "looked" fine - but then rash developed, excema and I was asked by pedi to moisturize on a regular basis -he asked that i use physiogel cause it is hypo-allergenic (am sure there are many other brands)...my advice would be to moisturize after bath on a regular basis, if only slightly it is beneficial.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Scroll to top