Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

How hard can it be to see an OBGYN?!?!

carang is offline Registered User

hopefully her attitude has improved then from when she worked in the public sector.

i cried and screamed through my entire emergency c-section performed by her... the epidural didn't take and i felt the entire procedure! not one word of compassion was forthcoming from her... i almost felt like she didn't care/didn't believe me and my agony.

rooj is offline Registered User

What an awful experience Carang! I've called Dr Christine Choy and managed to get an appointment for next week. She actually could fit me in tomorrow but I'm free next week being half term. I'm also going to try a few of the other suggestions too.

Thank you everyone!

Jzlyn is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by cxflygirl View Post
    Try Dr Edmund Hon he is fantastic and I am having my second baby with him. Had the first with Dr Ghosh however the waits can be long. I have not had to wait more than 30 minutes with Dr Hon and he is very detailed and assuring spends quality time with this us. Had I know first time would have gone to him for baby # 1. Plus his charges are reasonable compared to the other expat Dr.

Room 701, Hing Wai Building
    36, Queen's Road Central
    28992293 25263322
    Have to second cxflygirl. Dr. Hon has great bedside manners (provide detailed answers, uses common sense, gives sound advice, etc) and I never had to wait more than 10-15 mins even on a Saturday. Well except once throughout my entire pregnancy, we booked an earlier than usual appointment at 9.30am and he was delayed by his hospital rounds. His nurses, especially Kelly, were really wonderful as well!

Trying is offline Registered User

A third recommendation for Dr Edmund Hon. Have been seeing him throughout my current (twin) pregnancy and he has been great, even when I called him in a panic on a Sunday night! Kelly runs the practice very well.

Trying is offline Registered User

I've also heard that Dr Doo is currently taking on private/public patients.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by carang View Post
    hopefully her attitude has improved then from when she worked in the public sector.

i cried and screamed through my entire emergency c-section performed by her... the epidural didn't take and i felt the entire procedure! not one word of compassion was forthcoming from her... i almost felt like she didn't care/didn't believe me and my agony.
    I can understand why you would recommend against her after such a horrible experience!!

carang is offline Registered User

she was silent through the entire procedure... i was very lucky to have a fantastic anesthesiologist. he and his assistant spent most of the procedure drying my eyes and wiping my runny nose (from crying). it was a terrifying experience.

after that, i am actually surprised i went for #2. thank god, they decided to give me general anesthesia for that one (and dr ngai wasn't around anymore).

TungBB is offline Registered User

Glad that she is better now. I have Dr Ngai as well. She was quite supportive of my choice to have a natural birth. But in the end we had a emergency c-section. She was very assuring and calm, and that helped in the sudden decision to c-section
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast