Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

How hard can it be to see an OBGYN?!?!

HK Foodie is offline Registered User

This info may be a little late but I am seeing Dr Felix Wong at Central. He has returned to HK after a 20 year stint as Professor at Sydney Uni. I have been seeing him while trying to fall pregnant & he actually phoned me to check how I was after my dose of Clomid! Any time I have popped in he has been able to see me which is amazing (in fact he hasn't charged me twice as the consults were so short)! I think as he is new his books are quite open. I find him really friendly and open (unlike my Obstetrician back in Brisbane). We have just found out we are (finally!) pregnant so I will continue to see him.
    His details are
    Suite 521, 5/F, Central Building,
    1-3 Pedder St (exit G MTR - Central)
    ph: 3905 3905

hkexpat2010 is offline Registered User

I saw Dr. Doo early on in my pregnancy and decided to switch to another Dr.

Reasons:
    There were very long waits (1-2 hours, even when his office called and asked me to come in later than my appointment time)
    He seems very competent but not particularly warm or excited for us which I was looking more for since this is my first baby (Dr. Grace Cheung is fantastic in this way!)
    Dr. Doo does alot of fertility work and seems to prioritize those clients over others for getting into Matilda (i was told i wouldn't get in to matilda, even though i saw him at 6 weeks and was suggested to book into st. paul's hospital. subsequently, got into matilda with another dr. a month or so later.)

Good luck!

birch is offline Registered User

Like a few others have said Dr Edmund Hon is fantastic. I was seeing Dr Philip Ho who I also think is amazing, he is professional and very calm under pressure. Dr Ho had to go away the day after I gave birth and I saw Dr Hon for the next 4 days or so and his bedside manner was great, answered all my questions and was so nice and caring. I definitely recommend either one of them.

Last edited by birch; 10-16-2011 at 04:44 PM.

Obiwan is offline Registered User

I had Dr Philip Ho for both my kids, and he is great. I do not know if he takes patients going to the public system. Dr Ho and Dr Hon share the same clinic and their nurse Kelly is great. You can call to enquire: 28992293

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123