Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Sanitarium Hospital feedback

Obiwan is offline Registered User

Hi Hazelnut, it depends on the type of rooms, pretty much nothing is provided unless you are in the suite where you will get shower gel, shampoo, slippers etc. So bring your own pads, clothes, underwear (you can purchase the disposable from them as well), toiletries, slippers.

One thing I would like to highlight about Sanatorium. We are not pleased about this so if this is impt to you, you may want to raise it to them in advance.

They gave my baby his bcd shot on his arm (without telling us in advance), if we were informed before the shot was administered (like we did in Matilda), we would have opted for the shot to be given on the hip or sole of the feet. When we saw the scar, it was too late. So heads up if this is impt to you.

AudreysMom is offline Registered User

I'm delivering at the Sanatorium in a few weeks. I have a scheduled C-section. After the C-section the operating theatre, how long before you actually receive the baby to being breastfeeding? Obiwan: Any tips for securing a private room? I was told they will not let you know until the day you check in.

Hi AndreysMom, you can have the baby for breastfeeding as early as you want, after the usual cleaning and measurement. You can have the baby room-in with you too. I brought my own pump with me to stimulate milk flow, otherwise they have breastfeeding rooms with equipments in the nursery.

Am afraid, like all the private hospitals, availability of rooms (and types of rooms) are subject to the demand on the day. I forgot the numbers, but they do have a good number of private rooms. You will only know the room type when you check in. Good luck!

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

About the BCG shot- you can ask your pediatrician to give the shot where you want it. Just let the nurses know when you arrive that you want to discuss placement of shot with the paed before it is given. As for sanitary pads, you can (at least when I was there in 2010 and 2009) purchase at the hospital. I loved the sanitorium, wouldn't go anywhere else. Facilities are great, nurses

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

To finish up- nurses and midwives are great. I breastfed both my babies with their help. Can't imagine going anywhere else.

miran is offline Registered User

Yes, take your own clothes and toiletries. Pads you can buy at the hospital - it's not priced at a premium (atleast in 2009).

They do give the jab on arm. We didnot even know about the jab on hip / foot etc till I read it on this forum months later. It was not something important to us, but if it is to you - let the staff know when you fill the forms. They are usually respectful of your wishes. I remember the nurse reminding me to mention on the form what kind of meat if at all any I eat; so they dont deliver something wrong by mistake.

Also, if you are planning to give formula or maybe one odd top feed till bf sets in, they will ask you if you have a brand in mind. You can also give them your own formula can. We hadnt.

Just to mention again - though these points seemed important then they look minor when we look back now. We swear by Sanatorium. If we had to spend that amount of money on a delivery in HK again, we would do it only at Sanatorium.

Sooney is offline Registered User

Can anyone recommend an Obstetrician from Sanatorium Hospital that is pro natural births and whom which they had a good experience with?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast