Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Party Bag ettiquette

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

Party Bag ettiquette

My daughter is having her 3rd birthday soon and we are inviting some of her friends for a party. Half of her friends are now big brothers and big sisters, and I've included the babies in the invitations etc... They are all under 1 year old and will range in age from 11 months old to maybe a week old (the mother is due any day now).

a) should I do party bags for the babies as well??
    b) if I do, then what can I put into the party bags? The 11 month old isn't too hard - but what about for 3 months (not eating solids yet)? Or a week old? All I can think of is a little toy or teether or something, but I'm somewhat stumped...

Any advice would be much appreciated!!

Portia is offline Registered User
    I did party bags for the siblings as well. For the babies, I just get one or two items, but I make sure they are good quality items (ie, not from down the lanes, etc) given that babies put everything in their mouths.

Over the years I have given small Tolo toys (from Wisekids), small instruments like bells or shakers and bath squirters. Usually the bath squirters come in packs of 5, so I buy a couple of packs and split them up. Another idea might be a weaning spoon, rattle or as you suggested a teether. I don't think the gift has to be something the baby can use right away.

But honestly I wouldn't go to too much effort, especially for the really little babies, as they are not going to know if they don't get a party bag!

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User
    I did a little bag of homemade sweeties (fudge and coconut ice) which went into the bigger children's bags, I just gave the parents an extra bag for them (the parents) to eat if the baby was too young to know what a party bag was :-) Shows you've thought about them but not too much extra effort/expense that won't be appreciated.

erina320 is offline Registered User
    Jvn- what is coconut ice? It sounds yummy. :)

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User
    This http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/536820 it's basically fudge but with lots of dessicated coconut, definitely not healthy but I reckon it's ok as a party treat :-)

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Ah great ideas guys, thanks. I did WANT to do one but just didn't know what to get... I know that the other kid stuff that I've bought wouldn't work for the babies...

Sazzy is offline Registered User
    I did party bags for siblings. I went to Wan Chai markets and you can buy a pack of 5 bath toys for HK$30 so you can put one in each bag. One of the toy shops also does party bags - 10 bags for HK$18.

plumtree is offline Registered User
    I think the bath squirters idea is excellent. As long as there is something for the little ones in there, it does not matter if some of the stuff in the bags is more appropriate for the older sibling. We all know what what will happen is that older sibling will appropriate the bag anyway! It shows you've thought of the little one...
    What about teething rusks or even egg shakers? I know some places do a set of four, but I can't remember what they cost.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast