- 10-14-2011, 08:44 PM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- Dec 2008
- Gold Coast
When my son was born prem I was trying to pump breast milk for him. It was takig a long time for my milk to come in and the volume was small so the nurse in the NICU advised me to take a picture of my son home and to look at it while I was pumping as it would help me.
It has to do with hormones I think, and as nicolejoy said, your body has not really prepared for being a mum when your baby is preemie so sometimes it takes a little longer for the "new mum" hormoes to appear but looking at the picture did help me a lot!
- By mom_of_2 in forum Sleep and your BabyReplies: 8Last Post: 08-14-2009, 05:11 PM
- By peainpod in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 1Last Post: 03-03-2009, 11:16 PM
- By matthewsmomma in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 7Last Post: 06-19-2006, 02:09 PM
- By Rosewood in forum Family HealthReplies: 9Last Post: 11-06-2005, 10:31 AM
- By Grace Bellis in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 9Last Post: 11-24-2003, 08:34 PM