Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Woodland Aberdeen or Repulse Bay?

FCJ
    FCJ is offline Registered User

Red face Woodland Aberdeen or Repulse Bay?

I am planning to enroll my son in Woodland Harbourside or Beachside. Harbourside's supervisor responds all mh inquiries quickly and I have a good impression. As my son likes to be around bigger kids, Aberdeen seems better. (he has a big brother and usually he plays with 5 yo + kids). On the ther hand, Repulse Bay is closer since we are moving to Shek O.

I have to decide quickly as we are moving to HK in a few weeks. Any advice and comments on those schools will be appreciates!!

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    Can't speak for Repulse Bay, as my son is going to Harbourside for the last 2 years. I think it's a great place, very spacious, bright, clean, they have a lot of activities, great teachers easy to talk to, and the Manager is nice too, flexible, knowing the kids well, trying to help for any matter.
    Also the good thing is that they can keep kids till they are 6-7 yo, which gives a good margin if you don't find a primary school immediately.

FCJ
    Thank you Frenchy! Do the kids play outside sometimes? I forgot to ask this to the supervisor... If you know, let me know!

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    There is a playground inside, and a small one outside. They take the kids for sports day, or junk trip also, or going to playgrounds, depending on ages/classes/parents approval...

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    My kids have attended both. Administratively Harbourside is much much better. The school supervisor is lovely! The supervisor at beachside doesn't have the greatest people skills in my opinion!
    And yes having the two primary classes at harbourside is also a plus. My son is currently in P1 there.
    Other than the above they are very very similar. I sent my kids to beachside when they were younger as it was close to where we lived.

newbiekt is offline Registered User
    The supervisor at Beachside drove me so mad I moved my son elsewhere...if you are undecided go to Aberdeen. But as another suggestion Tai Tam also has Woodlands, Tutor Time and a really lovely Sunshine House which are far closer to Shek O. I think Sunshine are also running P1 nowadays.

FCJ
    Thank you everyone and sorry for the delayed comment. I was busy preparing for moving... We moved in Shek O a week ago. As some of you mentioned, I found the supervisor at Harbourside very nice even though I have been contacting with her thru mails only. The Beachside one seemed more...I don't know how to say, in a way, in iLife, but maybe she doesn't meant to be so. I will visit Woodland Tai Tam tomorrow morning as they have a school bus to Shek O. I still hesitate to choose the Montessori method but we will see... I don't think of any bilingual classes, so Tutor Time is not an option. I will check out Sunshine House as well. Aberdeen is a bit too far and complicated to send my little one to unfortunately especially I don't drive myself! I will see after visiting the schools in Tai Tam. Thank you very much!

Welivehere is offline Registered User

Woodland harnourside

Quote Originally Posted by aussie mum View Post
    My kids have attended both. Administratively Harbourside is much much better. The school supervisor is lovely! The supervisor at beachside doesn't have the greatest people skills in my opinion!
    And yes having the two primary classes at harbourside is also a plus. My son is currently in P1 there.
    Other than the above they are very very similar. I sent my kids to beachside when they were younger as it was close to where we lived.
    Tgis quote is a bit old ...but wanted to chk about harbourside ....can u tell me any positive / negative points for their P1 classes? Are ur kids still going there ? Were u satisfied with their teachimg ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast