Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Urgently looking for full time or part time nanny/helper for our 19 month old

sandrarodrigues is offline Registered User

Urgently looking for full time or part time nanny/helper for our 19 month old

Does anybody know of and can recommend a good nanny? I am starting work on Nov. 1 and need to find a nanny! I will work mon-sat from 8 to 4pm. Need someone who can start ASAP.
    Thanks

carang is offline Registered User
    are you looking for a proper nanny or a domestic helper. two very different things with very different price tags.

I am looking for a nanny - our priority is that our daughter is well taken care of - everything else is secondary. Anyone you can recommend?

elle is offline Registered User
    Do you need someone who speaks fluent or very good English? If so, it is unlikely that you will find someone in the local market. Best to speak with nanny agencies which can help you recruit someone, who will likely be from overseas, but sometimes they have nannies with permanent residency who can start immediately, which is likely what you will need. They can also source temporary legal childcare until your perminent nanny gets here. It took almost 8 weeks for our nanny to be granted a working visa for HK (coming from England with all proper qualifications for HK immigration and no follow up immigration queries that take more time). Expect to pay in excess of HK$15,000 at the low end for a proper nanny.

If you decide on a domestic helper, it will take a minimum of 4 weeks for her visa to be granted (assuming she is already in HK and at the end of a contract). If she is coming from overseas, expect more like 6-10 weeks for the visa to come through.

Do you have any agencies you can recommend? I have been looking at local ads and really nothing caught my attention - I am running out of time and am getting VERY worried. Help!!!!!

elle is offline Registered User
    Rent a Mum in HK comes to mind and I have several friends who have used them to source babysitters and part time help. We used them for a temporary maternity nurse after my daughter was born as she came home from the hospital about a week before I did.
    http://www.rent-a-mum.com/

Nanny Experts also has a listing on this site:

www.thenannyexperts.com

How old is your child? A lot of my friends have helpers who do childcare, but put their children into half day preschool classes so there is more structure and supervision during the day. We have a nanny, but only plan to have her for the first two years, after which we will have our current helper who has been with us for years take over childcare full time and hire another helper for household chores. Anyway, point is that the right helper can do an excellent job with childcare so wouldn't totally dismiss that idea.

siusiu44 is offline Registered User

Smile Nanny job!

Dear Elle

I would like to apply for the Nanny job.

I had few years of nanny working experiences.

I love working with children of all ages and have found it very challenging and rewarding during the time

If you are interested I can send my CV to you. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Yours truly,
    Nicole

rooj is offline Registered User
    sandrarodrigues, if you can email me and tell me a little bit more about yourself and what kind of care you are after for your little girl I might be able to help you. Please email me on: [email protected]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast